The main change in this update is that squadrons now actually have an in-game effect. This works as follows:
Whenever you successfully complete a mission and you own (you’re the leader of) a squadron, you have the opportunity to assign that mission to one of your squadrons (a particular mission can only be assigned once). The rest of the squadron members will be notified of this assignment, and will have 48 hours to successfully fly the same assigned mission. Each time an assignment is successfully flown, there is a score boost for the member that completed it, and a key reward for the squadron leader. The exact rewards will be tweaked based on your feedback.
There are also some significant functionality additions and bug fixes, refer to the changelog below for details.
Medals will be awarded later today.
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Medal of Extreme Unpreparedness: Removed mention of “using” equipment (@Davoid Bug) and added “no satellites” (@Traveller Idea)
- Fixed dark text on Stats screen (@ShardNguyen Bug)
- Damage amplifier effect’s opacity is now correctly restored if it’s renewed after it has started fading out (@EmeraldPlay Bug)
- Squawk block: Spacecraft position is now 10px higher.
- Galaxy screen: trip segments that cross from one constellation to another are now coloured gray.
- Trips: Can now use “interstellar highways” to reach an unexplored inter-constellation destination, provided that the destination is also the first and only star visited in the other constellation. (@VerMishelb Bug)
- Trips: Changed text “You must first explore all star systems along the
interstellar highwaymarked route” (@GgWw1175 Bug)
- UCO boss: Green laser no longer removed if it originates off-screen (@Traveller Bug)
- Henterprise boss: Fixed eggs immediately splatting after launch when boss attacks from below (who? Bug)
- Terran planets: cloud color now ranges from light gray to white.
- [Server-side] Fixed race condition crash between logging out & checking for new messages (again, was improperly fixed in v.20).
- Added “waves flown” to Stats/Compare screen.
- Trip fuel costs are now rounded up to avoid showing “not enough fuel” in cases where available fuel exactly equals trip cost (@Dareksan / F.R.I.D.A.Y Bug)
- Owned equipment is now sorted by class (instead of date) (@Traveller Idea)
- Owned “expirable” equipment (e.g., Insights) coalesce into one entry in the shop. Purchasing more units extends expiration date (@gabytzu Bug)
- Shop: Can now filter owned equipment by type (@RoboCat Idea).
- Shop: Upon selection of shop equipment, a corresponding filter is automatically applied to owned equipment.
- Changed equipment/message/mission color-coding algorithm (doubled potential colors).
- Victorious champion medal: Changed criterion from 10,000 missions to 50,000 waves (@gabytzu Idea).
- Enemies now ignore minFireSeparation the first time they fire.
- Added Anniversary mission (incomplete & inaccessible).
- Squadron leaders can now assign missions to their squadrons.
- Mission screen: added “squadron assigments” tab.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).