Early Access version 23

MAIN CHANGES

The main change in this update is that squadrons now actually have an in-game effect. This works as follows:

Whenever you successfully complete a mission and you own (you’re the leader of) a squadron, you have the opportunity to assign that mission to one of your squadrons (a particular mission can only be assigned once). The rest of the squadron members will be notified of this assignment, and will have 48 hours to successfully fly the same assigned mission. Each time an assignment is successfully flown, there is a score boost for the member that completed it, and a key reward for the squadron leader. The exact rewards will be tweaked based on your feedback.

There are also some significant functionality additions and bug fixes, refer to the changelog below for details.

Medals will be awarded later today.

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • any menu options you have configured

CHANGELOG

• Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • Medal of Extreme Unpreparedness: Removed mention of “using” equipment (@Davoid :medal_military: Bug) and added “no satellites” (@Traveller :medal_military: Idea)
  • Fixed dark text on Stats screen (@ShardNguyen :medal_military: Bug)
  • Damage amplifier effect’s opacity is now correctly restored if it’s renewed after it has started fading out (@Sammarald :medal_military: Bug)
  • Squawk block: Spacecraft position is now 10px higher.
  • Galaxy screen: trip segments that cross from one constellation to another are now coloured gray.
  • Trips: Can now use “interstellar highways” to reach an unexplored inter-constellation destination, provided that the destination is also the first and only star visited in the other constellation. (@VerMishelb :medal_military: Bug)
  • Trips: Changed text “You must first explore all star systems along the interstellar highway marked route” (@GgWw1175 :medal_military: Bug)
  • UCO boss: Green laser no longer removed if it originates off-screen (@Traveller :medal_military: Bug)
  • Henterprise boss: Fixed eggs immediately splatting after launch when boss attacks from below (who? :medal_military: Bug)
  • Terran planets: cloud color now ranges from light gray to white.
  • [Server-side] Fixed race condition crash between logging out & checking for new messages (again, was improperly fixed in v.20).
  • Added “waves flown” to Stats/Compare screen.
  • Trip fuel costs are now rounded up to avoid showing “not enough fuel” in cases where available fuel exactly equals trip cost (@Dareksan / F.R.I.D.A.Y :medal_military: Bug)
  • Owned equipment is now sorted by class (instead of date) (@Traveller :medal_military: Idea)
  • Owned “expirable” equipment (e.g., Insights) coalesce into one entry in the shop. Purchasing more units extends expiration date (@gabytzu :medal_military: Bug)
  • Shop: Can now filter owned equipment by type (@RoboCat :medal_military: Idea).
  • Shop: Upon selection of shop equipment, a corresponding filter is automatically applied to owned equipment.
  • Changed equipment/message/mission color-coding algorithm (doubled potential colors).
  • Victorious champion medal: Changed criterion from 10,000 missions to 50,000 waves (@gabytzu :medal_military: Idea).
  • Enemies now ignore minFireSeparation the first time they fire.
  • Added Anniversary mission (incomplete & inaccessible).
  • Squadron leaders can now assign missions to their squadrons.
  • Mission screen: added “squadron assigments” tab.

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).

11 Likes

let’s make a prediction 20 years anniversary…a remake of original cicken invaders :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Does that mean when a wave starts all enemies can immediatly shoot?

Yes. There’s also a ‘delay before first fire’ which is still respected, but that’s only used in special cases.

See how it goes. If you notice problems, this change can be reverted.

Alright. Also how do youassign missions to squadrons? I can’t find the option.

There’s an “assign” button at the mission outcome screen (the same screen where your score/keys are calculated).

1 Like

Perhaps giving assignments from favourites directly could be available?

Assignments don’t show up in the missions list after I received messages for them.

3 Likes

Did you select the “Assignments” tab on the missions screen?

2 Likes

Huh. Checking…

Got an error SOCKERR_ECONNREFUSED when logging in.
Its good now sorry.

Same, worse yet, it kicked me out as soon as I finished a mission. :sweat:

Yes, I rebooted the server to fix @Sammarald 's issue.

It should work now. Any assignment messages you’ve already received are void and should be ignored – squadron leaders will need to assign their missions again.

(Please confirm if it’s working for you, I can’t test it directly from my end.)

Small question: Was the Muller hitbox width reduced? Or changed? Perhaps I didn’t play in a while…

mission assign !!! on LOL!

1 Like

hey @InterAction_studios I’ve got an idea when you assign a mission the member of the squadron should not see the type of missions…somethink like a hidden mission just to make more interesting and have a “little surpise”

ps I think it work’s I’ve recived the key reward

Hey! Is this gonna be the final early access game?

Okay, so after messing around with the update for some time, I discovered two nuisances, one thing I didn’t like and something rather bizarre (and potential bug).

First, when trying to shop for items on the Galactic Store (or any other store for the matter, it automatically filters to the category of the item I selected, by this I mean than whenever I select an item in the shop to purchase, my inventory gets automatically filtered to show the category of said item (this ALSO happens with fuel and item kinds that I don’t even own like music!), whereas with previous versions it simply scrolled down to the item if I owned it (like let’s say: Extra Lives). I don’t know WHAT this is or WHY it’s like this, but from what I’ve seen, this is an implemented feature:

Not saying that this should be removed, it’s just an aspect of the update I dislike.

Second is something strange, upon the last missions I played (specific types: Chicken Invasion, Droid Raid, and Squawk Block), I ALWAYS (maybe not always but most of the time) ended up with the SAME music track (CI3 Wave C), and that’s considering I don’t own any music!
If this last one is happening to you, please let me know, 'cus I’m not classifying this as a bug until I get enough evidence.

:blockciviliandoubt: