This is a very complex update and should in retrospect have been broken into two separate smaller updates – too late now! Regrettably but unavoidably, this also means you’ll lose a little more than usual (see “compatibility” below).
Main areas of new functionality include Rankings, Stats, and Squadrons. Also, a lot of bug fixes (medals will be issued tomorrow).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
- your “Information Overlay” and “Color Theme” settings
- Any Squadron Licenses you have
- Supernova missions now drop keys (@cook1ee Bug)
- Bossa Nova: Chunks spawned by boss no longer count in stats (@Nikito Bug)
- Existing charity bonuses are now taken into account when awarding Charity (@Orandza Bug)
- Messages are no longer colorized when “User Interface” color is customized @ChickenInvader45 Bug)
- Added “default” button to color customization (@gabytzu Idea)
- Progress bar text outline is now opaque to improve text legibility under certain color combinations (@RoboCat Bug)
- Trip buttons now continuously check whether player has enough fuel (@cook1ee Bug)
- Supernova mission chunks’ health now depends on mission difficulty (@Traveller Idea)
- Added dark/light text customization option (@matix524 Bug)
- Added Mission HUD glow color/size to customization options (@who?)
- Notifications can now be disabled in galaxy and/or mission (@ans1382 Idea)
- Some planets now have rings (@ans1382 Idea)
- “Surfing the Wave” wave: fixed danger zone (@GuestUniverse Bug)
- “Change callsign” now costs 90 keys.
- Safe/Danger zones are now not shown for all skill levels above Veteran.
- Weekly “most active” message now expires after a week (was a day).
- Moved “Smooth galaxy zoom” option to in-game options.
- Music now always fades out before boss if custom music has been set. (@RoboCat Bug)
- Bossa Nova: Halved maximum spin rate of protective chunks.
- Added Alien Mothership, Bossa Nova, Henlley’s Comet to boss rush missions.
- Added flare to Utensil Poker impacts (@Thuongyc Idea)
- “Terminator Chickens” wave: Updated 2x danger zones to match “Gyroscope Malfunction” (@TheGreatestRoman Idea)
- Reduced particle density by ~30% in low detail mode for certain big explosions (@xdtruedame Idea)
- Added “Rankings” screen.
- Added “Stats” screen.
- “Compare” screen can now also compare rankings.
- Bossa Nova boss is now weak against electric and strong against metal weapons (@EmeraldPlay Idea)
- UCO (variation A) no longer aims its green lasers at player unless it’s actually going to fire.
- Bossa Nova: All chunks now disappear when boss dies (@GuestUniverse Bug)
- Added alternative heightmap palette for Terran planets.
- Galaxy screen: Moved “Locate spacecraft” button at bottom of button list.
- Supernova missions: Added waves with “Alien Container” (@isp Idea)
- Fixed server crash during Space Race generation (database floating-point precision error).
- Profile screen: Keys and fuel update in real time.
- Profile screen: Rearranged UI.
- “Squadrons” button is now functional (only general management, no in-game effect yet).
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).