Early Access version 16

MAIN CHANGES

Sorry about the long delay until this update. Over the past month we haven’t been able to devote nearly as much time to CIU development as we would like because… life. :confused:

Main changes in this update are a complete reworking of medals (your medals have been regrettably reset) and the addition of the Comet Chase missions. There are two special medals that can’t be gained via normal means: one is for suggesting content, and the other is for reporting bugs. Instructions about these two are coming tomorrow.

The game now also supports Windows XP, if that’s how you roll.

COMPATIBILITY

This update is mostly backwards-compatible, but you will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • any menu options you have configured
  • all medals have been reset

CHANGELOG

• [Server-side v15.2] Skill is now ignored in Space Race missions.
  • Fixed HUD timer overflow when displaying times >01:00:00
  • “Compare” screen: Added missing “victory ratio” from per-hour stats.
  • [Server-side v15.3] Fixed off-by-one ranking error in “reward for making the top 10” messages.
  • [Server-side v15.3] Top-10 lists are no longer sent out if there’s no previous challenge.
  • Still-pending contact requests can now also be deleted.
  • Profile “Medals” screen is now functional.
  • [Server-side v15.3] Space Race Top-10 messages now show actual minimum time, and automatically expire after 3 days.
  • [Server-side v15.4] Fixed incorrect Top-10 messages for Daily Challenges.
  • Saved Information Overlay state is now correctly applied when logging back in.
  • Added help text on how to confirm buttons (for the first 3 times).
  • “Bonus Challenge” wave: fixed collision area scaling (was scaled twice) for treasure chests.
  • Game now supports Windows XP.
  • Clients will now disconnect if network connection is established, but no response can be received from server within a timeout period (protects against lost progress).
  • Fixed incorrect top-10 sorting for daily and weekly challenges.
  • Galaxy: Fixed getting stuck in “view trip” state when simultaneously selecting “Enter orbit” and also aborting (e.g., by using scroll wheel).
  • Planetary Egg City boss: fixed slow right-side appearance.
  • Fixed negative fuel cost for certain trips.
  • Fixed blurring of text in balloon tips under certain circumstances.
  • Reworked all medals.
  • Added Comet Chase missions (experimental).
  • Temporarily reverted (again) to BASS 2.4.10.8 in an attempt to fix the ongoing loop sounds bug.

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).

13 Likes

Shouldn’t the tier 99 medal be awarded to those who already had it before the update?

2 Likes

F medals

This will need to be done manually. Look for your medal in the next few days.

2 Likes

Umm, where’s the link to download? The Download Early Access post doesn’t seem to have been updated yet.

Done.

2 Likes

I’m wondering… will the suggestion medals be exclusive to early access? Or just whoever makes a good contribution whenever?

Whenever. The game won’t stop being updated even after Early Access is over.

3 Likes

Is it possible for the victory themes from the episodes to be brought over to CIU? I’m asking because the CI3 victory theme was the right fit for Comet Chase.

1 Like

The Victory themes will be added, however I don’t think the Comet Chase will default to any particular music.

1 Like

geez why do we like, have to delete the old update to just download the new update? I just hope iA does something about it (i.e. making an updating system so you won’t have to download the future updates over and over).

Where do you need to delete the old update? You just run installer and it updates your game.

Oh, sorry, i didn’t know, i just thought i have to delete the old update to download the new one. :sweat_smile:

Ah finally

72,3 MB? A bit heavy with my laptop

1 Like

“Tier 99” and “100% completion” medals have now been issued to everyone who has met the criteria.

1 Like

The Monday top ten only ſhows one reſult for each difficulty.

Fixed server-side. Sadly, last night’s Daily results are not recoverable.

:medal_military: Bug medal

1 Like

Superweapons?
Also, instead of showing all trophies here, how about showing only the trophy whose difficulty is the one of the finished mission?

1 Like

You’re right. BTW it’s “special weapons” (superweapons is the internal name).

As for the trophies, I think it’s nice to show where exactly in the progression your particular trophy lies.

1 Like