Sorry about the long delay until this update. Over the past month we haven’t been able to devote nearly as much time to CIU development as we would like because… life.
Main changes in this update are a complete reworking of medals (your medals have been regrettably reset) and the addition of the Comet Chase missions. There are two special medals that can’t be gained via normal means: one is for suggesting content, and the other is for reporting bugs. Instructions about these two are coming tomorrow.
The game now also supports Windows XP, if that’s how you roll.
This update is mostly backwards-compatible, but you will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
- all medals have been reset
- [Server-side v15.2] Skill is now ignored in Space Race missions.
- Fixed HUD timer overflow when displaying times >01:00:00
- “Compare” screen: Added missing “victory ratio” from per-hour stats.
- [Server-side v15.3] Fixed off-by-one ranking error in “reward for making the top 10” messages.
- [Server-side v15.3] Top-10 lists are no longer sent out if there’s no previous challenge.
- Still-pending contact requests can now also be deleted.
- Profile “Medals” screen is now functional.
- [Server-side v15.3] Space Race Top-10 messages now show actual minimum time, and automatically expire after 3 days.
- [Server-side v15.4] Fixed incorrect Top-10 messages for Daily Challenges.
- Saved Information Overlay state is now correctly applied when logging back in.
- Added help text on how to confirm buttons (for the first 3 times).
- “Bonus Challenge” wave: fixed collision area scaling (was scaled twice) for treasure chests.
- Game now supports Windows XP.
- Clients will now disconnect if network connection is established, but no response can be received from server within a timeout period (protects against lost progress).
- Fixed incorrect top-10 sorting for daily and weekly challenges.
- Galaxy: Fixed getting stuck in “view trip” state when simultaneously selecting “Enter orbit” and also aborting (e.g., by using scroll wheel).
- Planetary Egg City boss: fixed slow right-side appearance.
- Fixed negative fuel cost for certain trips.
- Fixed blurring of text in balloon tips under certain circumstances.
- Reworked all medals.
- Added Comet Chase missions (experimental).
- Temporarily reverted (again) to BASS 184.108.40.206 in an attempt to fix the ongoing loop sounds bug.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).