This update is evenly split between bug fixes, enhancements to existing features, and new functionality altogether. Main areas of change include:
The “compare” option has been expanded. You can now also compare fleets and galactic exploration %.
Daily/weekly challenges now come with key rewards (just token rewards for now). Post here if you feel that the rewards are too little (or too much).
A new type of challenge has been added: “Space Race”. On this challenge you are ranked based solely on how quickly you can finish a mission. There’s a time penalty for using special weapons. New challenges are issued every 3 days – the first challenge is scheduled for the end of Monday (at midnight).
In other news, congratulations to all CIU recuits for surpassing 100,000 missions flown in total!
This update is mostly backwards-compatible, but you will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
- messages for previous challenges have been cleared
- “New contact request” message: Text paragraph is now spaced out correctly (line spacing was too tight).
- (Server-side fix v14.2) Fixed client crashes and/or “Locate” button not working when adding new faraway contacts (faraway=not currently visible in galaxy map)
- Fixed purple CI1 background.
- Mothership boss now reaches edges of screen before turning back.
- Added “galaxy exploration” stats on Profile screen.
- Added “victory ratio” to compare screen.
- Prevented Inbox ‘unread messages’ text from spilling outside red circle.
- Compare screen: now also compares fleets.
- Compare screen: now also compares galaxy exploration %.
- Information Overlay screen: player asterisks can now be hidden.
- Information Overlay preferences now persist (are saved).
- Compare screen: Clicking on medals shows their description.
- Henterprise main beam attack is now terminated when damaged/destroyed.
- Fixed galaxy showing names for newly relevant players even though the relevant Information Overlay option was disabled.
- Planetary Egg City boss: beam attack now has random angle offset applied correctly (long-standing CI4 bug).
- Planetary Egg City boss: added mirrored variation.
- “Overheat” and “Coolant applied” messages now correctly rise when screen is zoomed out.
- Messages now support custom icon for better visual categorization.
- Added “Space Race” challenges.
- Added rewards for Daily/Weekly/Race challenges.
- Expanded information in “Top-10” messages.
- Added fullstop to “This trip can’t be interrupted right now” message.
- Shoot the Core boss: added mirrored variation.
- Each player can now only appear once in top-10 lists.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).