This is mainly a bug-fixing update, but we also managed to cram in a lot of small improvements to the user experience, a couple of important gameplay changes, and a bunch of music, too.
This update is mostly backwards-compatible, but you will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
- Fixed “Frontlet wing paint density” typo.
- Removed some unused assets from data file (thanks @EmeraldPlay).
- Renamed “Men” star to “Menos” (galaxy regeneration required).
- Removed “This” and “These” from potential mission names (galaxy regeneration required).
- Removed dropped satellite from “Alien Mothership” boss.
- More precise frost melting in frozen environments.
- Added missing specular highlight to H&C cockpit.
- Stricter server handling for cheated missions.
- Mission stats now show exact duration and difficulty.
- Squawk Block missions now limited to 5-20 waves.
- Added villain music themes to Yolk-Star, Egg Cannon, Henterprise bosses.
- Added CI4 retro music track (used for “retro” missions).
- Alien mothership now plays CI4 retro music track.
- Added CI2/3/4/5 theme music (plays randomly during missions).
- Added theme & boss & villain & retro tracks as purchasable Equipment.
- Frost in frozen environments now advances twice as fast.
- Renamed “For” star to “Formion” (galaxy regeneration required).
- Retro missions now drop 3 keys per wave and have +200% key boost.
- Server: fixed bug of two updates in the same time slot (DB duplicate key).
- Unoriginality penalty now only applies if mission has been won in the past.
- Owning multiple expiration Equipment (e.g. Insights) now extends their overall expiration time (previously, they all expired independently).
- Added Galaxy screen keyboard shortcuts: 1=Locate spacecraft 2=Profile 3=Inbox 4=Store 5=Information overlay
- Squeezed in-mission food text slightly to avoid abutting with special weapon icons.
- Prevented “Shoot the Core” boss’ first attack from occurring outside screen.
- Fixed bug causing powerups/keys to spawn outside screen in horizontally-oriented waves.
- Frozen wasteland planets now have 3x lower temperatures.
- Server now prevents duplicate callsigns.
- Basic information (including points until next tier) added to Profile screen.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).