Early Access version 120

I wanted to see where the zone points at. Here are my ideas

1. Rotate the text according to the zone’s direction
  2. Arrow shape
7 Likes

ylamona

5 Likes

Players definitely wouldn’t appreciate reading ‘‘ANOMALY’’ text that is upside down.

This idea is good and easy, but convincing IA would be challenging.

Or… we could just have an arrow beneath the word “ANOMALY”, maybe?

As a general rule, anomalies usually point inwardly to the centre of the screen, though for some waves (looking at you, Trash Compactor) a more clear indicator would be super helpful - especially given that the VFX indicating which direction they move in are subtle and don’t fire up instantly when the round begins.

3 Likes

2 Random ideas:

1. Adding an option to not be seen on the constellation (in sense of these colored lines).
    When the option is on, only the constellation in your location will be visible.
  1. Adding a variety of colors for the location of your contacts

And here it adds colors to the player’s activity:
A1
Active
A2
Inactive for 1-3 days
A3
Inactive for 4-9 days
A4
Inactive for 10-30 days
A5
Inactive for 1 month

25 Likes

So a couple of thoughts came up that could be implemented as a idea. I know that the Chilled Chickens and Phoenixes have a higher/lower chance of appearing in their respective environments, but what if a bit more could be done to them? Such as the Nitrogen fields formed from Chilled disappearing sooner than usual in hot enviros or have Phoenixes charge up faster or slower in a given enviro? Four polls below will be posted with these ideas. If any one or none of them cannot be implemented due to balancing, I understand.

Should the Chilled Fields last for twice as long in Frozen environments?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Should the Chilled Fields last for half as long in Hot environments?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Should Phoenixes fire its fireball sooner (half the time as normal) in Hot environments?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Should Phoenixes fire its fireball later (twice the time as normal) in Frozen environments?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

For the Frozen environment. As a matter that we overheat a bit slower than regular, I don’t think making it last longer is any useful, as well that this cloud isn’t used commonly to exterminate enemies in that environment.

For the hot environment, it matters now as we overheat faster. Halving the period would be a cruel choice. Considering that those enemies now have a reduced appearance, and it can be a tool to save coolants as well inflicting some damage to enemies without causing heat.

It was declared annoying before by some player and IA considered nerfing the cooldown of the Phoenix fireball. This change made them fire less bullets hell back before.

Since phoenix have low percentage of appearance in that environment. No. This change will make them between extremely ineffective and useless. As they don’t fire fireballs sooner

Also if you are suggesting this idea from a scientific/logical side. I am gonna say that’s not how it works. Environments/Weathers do not affect how a body performs in it. But they affect its rarity of appearance.

1 Like

Known. It happens rarely under very poor network conditions. Not worth fixing. It’s not exploitable because server will eventually kick you out.

Odd. Although in v.120 some stats might be wrong, “coins collected” should not be affected as far as I can tell. No solution yet.

Individual goals never had notifications.

Too messy to implement, so no.

Fixed in v.121 :medal_sports: Bug

Progress will not be reverted for anyone. The goals specified might be reset or automatically completed, that’s all.

My analysis shows that only those goals listed can be potentially affected. But I can’t be 100% certain.

They won’t.

It might become necessary to change the goals and/or make them easier, but I don’t envisage a scenario that would require a total reset of your quest rank.

Price fluctuations might cause this. Are these prices all from the same region in the galaxy? If you have the coordinates I’ll look into it some more.

I guess that’s possible. But there will always be cases where the countdown is insufficient, or you don’t even notice it because your attention is elsewhere.

I don’t want to create a whole slew of exceptions for zombie players. I don’t see coins being significant enough to warrant special handling anyway.

I don’t think Chiller slow-down is as adverse as Phoenix overheat when you’re enclosed. Poll is approximately half-and-half anyway, so no.

Hmm… But it works for you sometimes? How long do you have to wait until it fixes itself? Do you have to restart the game?

You can tell by the direction of the particles in the zone.

11 Likes

Current quest standings:

Quest rank # of players
Janitor 68266
Janitor● 1329
Janitor●● 637
Janitor●●● 402
Janitor●●●● 1105
Ensign 150
Ensign● 119
Ensign●● 104
Ensign●●● 11
Ensign●●●● 46
Lieutenant 17
Lieutenant● 9
Lieutenant●● 3
Lieutenant●●● 5
Lieutenant●●●● 2
Commander 5
Commander● 7
Commander●● 3
Commander●●●
Commander●●●● 1
Captain 1
Captain● 1
Captain●● 1
Captain●●●
Captain●●●● 2
Commodore 2
Commodore● 1
Commodore●●
Commodore●●●
Commodore●●●● 1
21 Likes

Top 5, let’s go!

3 Likes

Top 5 as well!

1 Like

Janitor :sunglasses:

9 Likes
  1. wdym the countdown is insufficient?
  2. at least some people are waiting for hoster to unpause. If they not attention the game and hoster start to unpause the game, then that’s their fault.

Gonna remind you about two of this:

1 Like

I know, I just wanted to understand the wave before it starts

Actually, if a wave has mixture chicken team, which have a lot of Chiller, they will throw the snowball to us. Not only a chicken, there are too much Chiller throw to you at a same time. The time you get effected by slow down can support to other chickens to shoot the bullet to you faster

@InterAction_studios Can make prevent spawning phoenix breed in wave: “Overarching Chickens”? (If a wave appears full of phoenixes, no other enemies will be inserted). I felt that it was easy to be surrounded and hit by the fireball many times was hard to avoid.

We know that frozen, hot and darkness mission can reduce our vision. Should there be a perishable to ignore them? I’d name it “Vision Clarifier”. However, equipping it will significantly decrease the Lucraitve Boost (environment bonus).

That would make darkness missions ineffective and not challenging.

2 Likes

More like, whould make VFs much more useless than they are.

2 Likes