Early Access version 119

Quick question for IA.
Was it you that made chatting place keep posts that have 5 likes or more? Or was it just a Discourse update?

1 Like

@InterAction_studios can stuff be more readable at lower resolutions & low quality?
(look at the notification above and herocam)

ig using pixelated fonts can fix this?

There was a change before.
You just play the Competitive missions, in v120 that quest will be renamed to “Fly Competitive missions”

1 Like

“Bullet Rain”: Now has 2 safe zones

A suggestion for waves with indestructible barriers.:

i honestly think waves made up of solely indestructible barriers and enemies can have their barriers disappear immediately rather than after a short delay, considering you can’t destroy these anyway.
Ribbit is an exception. That one is a mix. Some waves have a mix.

Short version:
Waves made of indestructible barriers only: Barriers disappear immediately since you can’t destroy them anyway
Waves made of both Indestructible and Destructible Barriers: No Change. Keeps the delay so you can destroy barriers.

Should waves with only indestructible barriers (like grand prix) have their barriers disappear immediately rather than after a short delay, on clean sweep? (100%)
  • Heck yes
  • Heck no

0 voters

3 Likes

I’ll try to compile a list of waves made up of only indestructible barriers when i can.
Multiposted because I dont want to mess up the poll by accident again
Will put the list in this post.

List also includes waves with spawners and black holes that wont disappear immediately on clean sweep.

Indestructible Barriers Only:
Chicken Vending Machine
Freshly Packed Vending Machine
Squeeze Through
Stacker
Effervescence
Grand Prix
The Forge
Packing Plant
The Birdhouse
The Fortress
Do not Cross
Under Pressure
Windshield Wipers
Exclusion Zone
Hairpin Turn (make the container count towards 100%)
The Windmill
Corridor Shooter
Symphony No. 1 in C Major Wait, this is a mix of destructible and indestructible.
Morning Rush Hour
Sushi Belt
The Weakest Link
The Strongest Link
Three Stroke Engine
The Sands of Time (I know they have destructible barriers, but you have to break them anyway to access the chickens. If you have something like Absolver Beam, then you’re just finding loopholes, you jerk.)
Shooting Range
Slice of Chicken Pie (Perhaps make the container count towards 100%? Besides, why would you leave that container for last if you want it)
Conveyor Belt

Indestructible + Spawners:
The Lathe
Gladiator
Tuning Fork
Play Both Sides
Anode-Cathode

Spawner/Black Holes Only:
Interdimensional Portals
Visitors From Another Dimension
Spawning Trouble
Portal Gun
Portal Shotgun
Black Hole Skipping
Black Hole Hopping
Out of Nowhere
Intergalactic Delivery
Intergalactic Guaranteed Delivery
Oops, Wrong Exit!
The Magic Flute

credits go to @ordinary_ryxt @MaybeOrandzaIdk @DePeeper @Razorcif @JenningsLA for helping with the list of waves

11 Likes

I honestly do not find any necessity in this change, it only take 3 seconds for those barriers to vanish. Struggle to wait for it?, It’s the same thing with destructible barriers.

Patience issue

Baron

But I’d rather support Lunarian’s idea.

1 Like

First it’s not relevant to change something timed in the game because you are impatient to wait for it. It’s just a damn 3 seconds.

Second you have your opinion, I have mine. So I won’t control you.

3 long seconds. And speedrunners disagree with you.

I never said you were ‘‘trying to control me’’. But okay.

Define “3 long seconds”, and barriers do not affect any speedrunner’s attempt because they take the same time to disappear. Nor space race.

I’m talking about in-real-life time, not in-game time.

3 seconds is a method that people use to start a race. Not even medium period.

Sir, this is Chicken Invaders Universe, not NASCAR.

…but you mentioned “real life” in the latest comment.

Absolutely not. Those can be destroyed for points so there is a point to them staying for longer. In case of indestructible barriers, they serve no real purpose when staying on-screen other than wasting your time.

10 Likes

this is a strong point imo

1 Like

Yes, we spend in-real-life time on CIU. Waiting 3 seconds for those indestructible barriers to disappear wastes our in-real-life time.

Strong and fair point.

…Small 3 ineffective seconds wastes a lot in real life…?