Early Access version 118

I like it better if the key change would scale up gradually the more you do it, cap is about 400-500 keys. You are ok the first few times as a newbie, but when you’ve played a lot and interacted with a lot of people, doing it far too often isn’t good.
But then again, this change will be a controversial one, so I’d advise against it.

Also, @InterAction_studios can you add an “Are you sure” prompt to the callsign change mechanics?
Jumping from “free” straight to 90 keys might feel unfair after this change for those who’ve made a mistake and wanted to change it again, so making a special prompt for your first time changing a name, to let them know that “future renames will cost you keys” to somewhat reduce the “pay-to-win” vibe all newbies see when you slap a key label onto everything.
(That feeling is mutual in all F2P games with IAP btw)

Or if special prompt idea isn’t valid, then gradually increase the rename cost every time you rename.
0 - 30 - 60 - 90, or 0 - 15 - 45 - 75 - 90, something like that could also work.

From experience with reply sections in my idea threads, no one will.

Where?

You don’t even need to look at them to see for yourself - check your poll. No replies I see.

When someone like me have some ideas to say, there will have other side opinions that idea. You says you disagree but you don’t tell me why you don’t agree. Is this too weird or something else? Why you don’t want to tell the reason?

Also, New squadron can be free of change rename?

I actually have no idea why people sends dislike but not telling why. Happens to my idea posts too, just sayin.

1 Like

Same as keys, eveyone can take them, then…why not? I agree!

1 Like

Here, quoted it for you.

1 Like

So now why would you ever want to use vf76 over vf66? You made vf66 either better or equal to vf76 for everything even though vf76 is more expensive, especially for non-chl users.

Judging by the satellites slots they have and how effective is their abilities, they do not need any kind of balancing, as they do not need to have some properties in common.

They have a reason why, but either they are lazy to type it or can’t elaborate on it very well. But they do know what they are doing.

The main purpose is: I want VF76 has better power so players can fly Darkness mission better. And you know! It’s rarely to see Darkness mission has environment. And VF66 could be used better in a hardcore mission has Electric or Hot.

Also, maybe my idea could encourage player to choose VF more correctly in a mission has environment

It’s randomized, so you might need to go through several encounters until you see it.

1000 might be excessive, but perhaps an increase in the 90-key price would now be appropriate? Hmm.

No.

I’d rather not maintain a running count of the number of times the callsign has been changed. The only benefit of increasing prices would be to prevent abuse, but since I maintain a complete history of every callsign ever used by a particular player, it’s not like they can evade justice by simply changing their callsign.

I suppose so. Changed in v.119 :medal_sports: Idea

8 Likes

ia would you consider this idea

ia v119 when

I’d advise against this highly. Since you don’t have a gradual key increase and are not adding an “Are you sure” prompt when the players click on “Rename” once, so if someone made a typo or wanted to change their name because they think it’s stupid a day later, or more commonly, forgot to check their spelling in their names, increasing the default key price will only make it worse for them, and will inconvenience everyone else not abusing name changes whenever they want to change their name.
Carpet bombing reduces the bad situations, sure, but it also affects others negatively and should be carefully considered before doing so.

It’ll be a controversial addition, for sure.

Chicken gaming Do you think this idea should be added?

Do you think the key reward should be added to the squadron rankings?
  • yes
  • no

0 voters

Hey, can you make it where bomb explosions make coward retaliate?