Early Access version 118

This Weapon Virtuosity is probally unfair since it’s depend on weapon you used. In Competitive Missions , it can be the thing to make you win or lose. So ,
Should Weapon Virtuosity disabled from Competitive Missions ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

you can just collect every single weapon that gets in your way

1 Like

Agree.

No.

1 Like

I’d rather remove it entirely, but that’s not going to happen, so…

Idea: for the “It’s Party Time” boss you could guess where it’s going to come from by the way the screen tilts. If it tilts first to the left if comes from the left, opposite if right.
Also, the description of ICBM should be changed, since they don’t travel slowly anymore.

1 Like

Already suggested and replied by iA. See this post (4th reply):

And if you’re curious, it has started accelerating since v47:

1 Like

Everybody receives the same Firepower/Gifts that have been set for a competitive missions, and Everybody is able to collect all of those to increase the viruosity percentage, so there is no unfairness here.

1 Like

how it feels to fight a superchick on a 140% double team

not a lot of chances to attack him if he likes camping at the bottom

2 Likes

Bit complex (i think): If you hit an enemy with Barbequer, they will have fire on them, which will do very small amounts of damage (can melt Chiller’s snowball, won’t effect Pheonix.).

Changed in v.119.

9 Likes

Sad.
With this there could’ve been so much new potential with fire and ice while also fixing the issue with waves using fire chicken spam.

I imagined someone killing an Ice Chicken, and managed to use its death zone as some kind of a “fireball shield” … or used Coolants that gives you more chance to decimate your enemies if you stood still for a while after one’s been used.
It’s also pretty logical in a way - if you’re overheating you could hop into a zone of ice to cool your heat bar immediately, no tutorial or tip needed to understand that one.

It’s also a pretty neat way of nerfing waves that uses fire chicken spams where 1 hit by a volley of that could decimate your Coolants depending on how many fireballs were in that volley.
(It only removes half your Coolants with this idea - which is still detrimental, but somewhat avoidable)

Oh well.

:information_source:

I’m about to make a change to how Weapon Virtuosity works: It’s now going to depend on how many different weapons you’ve used during a mission.

• If you’ve only used a single weapon, the bonus is 0%.

• For each additional weapon you’ve used, you gain +1% per weapon (so the theoretical maximum would be +14%, although that won’t be practically achievable).

• You only get the full 1% if your usage is balanced between the weapons. If you’ve only spent e.g. 25% of the time with the second weapon, then you only get 25% * 1% = 0.25% extra. This is calculated for each weapon independently. So to get the full bonus your weapon usage should be perfectly balanced.

• (Optionally) An additional 3% bonus is given if you start with Moron.

What do you think?

Should Weapon Virtuosity work this way?
  • Yes, change it
  • No, leave it as it is

0 voters

14 Likes

i agree with everything here, except the extra 3% with moron. or you could just remove that 3% in competitive missions

2 Likes

New idea: Each constellation will have at least one planet closest to the sun will be an inferno and the furthest will be a frozen wasteland (it would be more realistic)
Small constellations dont have frozen planets of course

Not sure if I’m understand the calculation right. I think if I used n weapons (n > 1) in x1 : x2 : … : xn ratio → The average of each is 1/n, should result in the bonus of [1 - |1/n - xk|/(1/n)] x 1% for each weapon (k = 1, 2, 3, … n). This ensure that the bonus correlates with the differences from each weapon usage to the average value.

Examples:

+) Used only 1 weapon (special case): 0% bonus

+) Used 2 weapons in 0,5 : 0,5 ratio (average is 0,5)
- First weapon: (1 - |0,5 - 0,5|/0,5) x 1% = 1%
- Second weapon: Same, results in 2% bonus total

+) Used 3 weapons in 0,4 : 0,3 : 0,3 ratio (average is 1/3 or 33,(3)%)
- First weapon: [1 - |0,4 - 1/3|/(1/3)] x 1% = 0,8%
- Second or third weapon: [1 - |0,3 - 1/3|/(1/3)] x 1% = 0,9%
- Total: 0,8% + 0,9% + 0,9% = 2,6% bonus

+) Used 4 weapons in 0,4 : 0,3 : 0,2 : 0,1 ratio (average is 0,25)
- First weapon: (1 - |0,4 - 0,25|/0,25) x 1% = 0,4%
- Second weapon: (1 - |0,3 - 0,25|/0,25) x 1% = 0,8%
- Third weapon: (1 - |0,2 - 0,25|/0,25) x 1% = 0,8%
- Fourth weapon: (1 - |0,1 - 0,25|/0,25) x 1% = 0,4%
- Total: 0,4% + 0,8% + 0,8% + 0,4% = 2,4% bonus

Similarly, usage of 0,3 : 0,3 : 0,2 : 0,2 will result in 3,2% bonus; but 0,4 : 0,4 : 0,1 : 0,1 will result in only 1,6% bonus (both case involve 2 pairs of weapons with same usage but the difference to the average value is difference).

Is this the same as your calculations or different?

1 Like

Maths.

Don’t use averages. Normalize all ratios so that the most-used weapon has ratio 1. Then all other weapons are expressed as fractions (<1) of that value.

So your last example:

Used 4 weapons in 0,4 : 0,3 : 0,2 : 0,1 ratio (average is 0,25)

Normalized ratios are 1 : 0.75 : 0.50 : 0.25

Now these ratios translate directly to % bonuses, so total bonus = 1% + 0.75% + 0.5% + 0.25 % = 2.5%

8 Likes

I want the terminator chickens to start coming out when one second has passed
And for it to be 75% to 100% in difficulty

So when you play a mission, random music plays, can the CI1 Anniversary theme be randomly played?

Skill issue.