Early Access version 116

Someone asked this before:

3 Likes

I don’t think so :slightly_smiling_face:

Helping people to turn 2002 on was a mistake. Now they take its unique appearance and post like it’s a bug ,_ ,

7 Likes

already

Those (’‘fake’’) bugs still look weird lol.

1 Like

Isn’t that the purpose of the mode?

5 Likes

We shall wait for IA’s response…

2 Likes

IA been quoting

2 Likes

No

Done

Only if it becomes a permanent feature

Changed in v.117 :medal_sports: Idea

Where would this text appear?

No. It’s because if it doesn’t hit anywhere, it’s stretched so long that you can only see the transparent part of the tail.

It did not apply to pointless chicks (only to chickens), but I’ve fixed this above.

They are all the same size.

Anywhere where pointless chicks appear.

Changed in v.117 :medal_sports: Idea

It’s the randomizer.

It’s actually a partially visible this:

Improved in v.117 :medal_sports: Idea

When it’s added.

Already done in v.117

No. Jingles are disproportionately expensive for their duration.

This is “correct” in terms of fitering, however it’s moot since I’ve already changed it above.

They are behind in the regular edition as well, but you can’t see because translucency is enabled.

That’s a consequence of filtering very translucent areas (which become transparent). Won’t fix.

Each player has their own individual Early Bird bonus, so this is expected.

Because that’s how music works. People complained when they had to buy it twice to mount it both in the wave and the boss slots.

Each player has their own individual mode 2002 setting. What you see doesn’t affect what other players see.

That’s effectively the point.

Any graphical/music replacements will have to wait until the actual anniversary.

Welcome to the pre-bilinear-filtering era.

8 Likes

longggg

1 Like

For a “secret undocumented” feature, -2002test certainly seems to be generating a lot of work for me :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

17 Likes

rip summer break x 9,223,372,036,854,775,807

2 Likes

I mean, the cost for true quality is never small, so there’s that.

Valve spent literal years on their titles, and it clearly paid off every single time

nvm bad example … you get the point tho

2 Likes

In score, pretty much all text in the game.

2 Likes

Some more clarification:

The -2002test mode is supposed to emulate 2002-era DirectX 7.0 GPU features (or rather, limitations). Specifically:

• Texture resolution is halved.
  • Bilinear filtering is disabled.
  • Alpha blending / translucency is disabled (there are some exceptions where 4 levels of translucency have been preserved, because they are integral to the gameplay, e.g. being able to see through Comet tails)
  • Color depth is reduced and color gradients are used to emulate certain translucent parts.
  • No “Additive Magic”.
  • For the best effect, you need to run the game on FHD resolution (1920x1080). Or possibly half that (960x540). Any other resolutions will result in increased artifacting (in particular, small text might be almost illegible).
  • Note that this mode will not make the game run faster. If anything, it will be slower when loading textures because the filters are applied in real-time.
17 Likes

Well…I don’t find fixing anything relating to the -2002test a wise choice. Because I find the main point of it is too see CIU like in 2002 were bad textures or misplaced stuff could present the graphics in that year.

1 Like

They can also drop firepower and gifts.

1 Like

Make all chickens drop nothing

Send me a footage of an egg city chicken dropping gift box in competitive mode and I’ll put a frame from it on my wall.

1 Like

I am sure there is no chick from egg city boss drop either a gift or a firepower.