Early Access version 116

MAIN CHANGES

Yes, yes, I know. This is an unexpected update, but there were some fairly significant bugs that required fixing. Plus, you get to hear the new music from 2dB earlier, so why not? There are 3 wave tracks in total, plus one boss wave track. The “Hugo the Great (Boss)” track which you might have heard on YouTube has been demoted to a regular wave track, and a new boss track “Chilli Wings” has taken its place. It has already been assigned to certain bosses in-game, but you can naturally also preview the music in the Galactic Store. You’ll also get a bonus 4th wave track coming by the end of the month.

Also, due to some internal equipment re-organization, mission presets have been reset.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Note that your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any mid-mission progress
  • your language selection

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.

• :bug: “Disqualified” message no longer appears each time when viewing Mission Outcome screen more than once.

• :bulb: Changed “Heat Insight” icon to match other Insights (@Starbrockle :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bug: “Mission Presets screen”: Preview music/background now stops when entering screen.

• :bug: “Mission Presets screen”: Last boss track music slot is no longer previewed when loading presets. (@FridayFunkinSussyVN :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bug: Multiplayer: “Countdown Insight” and “Heat Insight” are now only shown for the local player (rather than all players) (@ArtemBexline211085 :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bug: Boss Rush missions: Fixed wrong music cross-fading in between bosses when multiple “Boss Music” slots have been filled (bug caused by non-repeatable randomization) (@Starbrockle :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bulb: Squadrons screen: Can now select squadmates (to view activity stats) for squadrons that you don’t own. (@GoldenUndrowler @RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bug: Fixed being kicked by server when squadon-assigning a mission that is not the most recent mission flown (@hieudang :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bug: Phoenix chicken: Fixed head flames visibility calculations (would cause flames to abruptly appear/disappear at the edge of the screen) (@RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Bug)

• :new: Added wave music tracks “Hugo the Great”, “Squark Factor 5”, “The Chicken Has Landed”.

• :new: Added boss music track “Chilli Wings”. Assigned to Squawk Block boss, Chicken Exponentiality, Magnetic Manipulator, Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade, Feather Brain, Double Team missions.

• :bulb: “Henlley’s Comet” and “Bossa Nova” bosses now use “CIU Boss Music 1”.

• :gear: Added secret undocumented “Party Like It’s 2002” command-line parameter -2002test

• :bug: “Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade” boss: Final explosion now pushes away darkness (@PlasmaX :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bulb: Countdown Insight: Now shows remaining multi-kill time, if no other power-ups are active (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: Strengthened anti-cheat measures (@iIfireIi :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bulb: Multiplayer: Zombie spacecraft are now displayed as grayscale (@ScarletCuboids :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: Re-organized Equipment classes. To support this change, all config presets have been reset.

• :bulb: “Visitors from Another Dimension” wave: more accurate placement of danger zones (@Baron :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: “Heat Insight” gauge mesh is now always high-detail.

• :bulb: “It’s the Mother-Hen ship!” boss: Death explosion now uses “giant egg splat” effect (@Baron :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bug: (partial fix) Accumulator is now forced to zero on client when it runs out on server (‘fixes’ discrepancy between client & server values) (@JenningsLA :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bulb: “Pointless” chickens now don’t drop any food at all (they previously would rarely drop some).

• :gear: Strengthened anti-cheat measures (@Knightcap :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: Reset invalid CHL-only paintjobs on unlicensed players (left over from when CHLs were free).

• :new: “Customize” screen: Added “screenshot” button (hides UI) (@SpaceDragon @RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: Strengthened anti-cheat measures (@iIfireIi :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bug: “Chicken/Partner Acrobatics” wave: Reworked mirorring (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bulb: “Squadrons” screen: Squadrons that player has been invited to join but has not yet accepted are marked with a yellow asterisk (@RainbowBoyVN @Starbrockle :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bug: “Mission Config” screen: Corrected placement of tutorial dashed box (@minhle07 :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bulb: “Bomb barrier” explosion is now cyan (was orange) (@RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bulb: “Loadout” screen: Adjusted locations of satellite slots on certain spacecraft (M-408, BX-8, BX-9, VF-56, VF-66) to better match their in-mission positions (@PlasmaX @SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bug: “Amphitheatrics” wave: Fixed edge enemies in rear rows spawning partially on-screen (@KnockoffFeline :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bug: “Your First Mission” tutorial: Adjusted dashed box placement to lie exactly over missiles (@KnockoffFeline :medal_sports: Bug)

27 Likes

thicc change log

2 Likes

W new music tracks

the multi kill timer shows up at the beginning of each mission for some reason

1 Like

Still have’nt seen the update, I’ll check it out!
Idea: If a Multiplayer game is paused, can it still show the players’ name FPS etc?

1 Like

bug hunt time

1 Like

Hello. I could not report this in the Early Access v115.1 topic because it was closed, but there is an UNSPEAKABLE bug that straight up RUINS the gameplay and prevents people from enjoying the game! You won’t believe me how TERRIBLE and Game-breaking this bug us :scream:! Let me explain:

This all started when I was born back in 21XX. I was just a reggular pumpkin that wanted to defeat the evil Chicken Henpire’s feathered victims of the tyrannical regime of Commander-in-Chief Captain Rooster the XIX, as well as the Henperror himself! Not that it was close to possible due to how smol I am. When I was 7, I have been gifted with a small toy car that of course changed my life forever and probably exploded a star few light years away. This was the time where I, being small and pumpkin, realised that tea is pretty nice and I approve coffee violence for the sake of making the amazing orchestral audio tracks, just like 2dB Music Production did. That was inspiring, so I decided to buy myself a kettle when I grow up. Seven years later I’m a successful pumpkin who can drink tea and play piano. Everything I could have wished for! But that was not enough. At the fifteenth of August, twenty eighteen, seven minutes past zero o’ clock, in the midnight, I have registered the second account ever in Chicken Invaders forum before I was hit with registration issues which were quickly resolved by InterAction studios himself. I knew exactly what I was going for. I wanted a revenge. A revenge on the whole chicken kind, for inventing coffee, for putting sugar to cups of tea (disgusting!!!) and for making chicken invaders four version four point zero zero profiles data break the user name of players that try to import it to four point twenty two steam edition…

Oh, sorry, I got distracted.
Here’s the bug: the pause time timer cannot exceed the 36 hours mark. I’ve tested this in real time for two days, as may have been seen in Chatting place before. Here go two screenshots. One shows the time when I’ve started the game (the black thing above the message says “Wednesday, the 3rd of August, 16:54”) as long as the screenshot from it back then. The second screenshot was taken today and it shows my main account “VerMishelb :jack_o_lantern:”, that holds the game, and “mish test stuff” account that’s just a guest created a little time ago for the sake of doing whatever iIfireIi usually does and it also shows the time on the bottom right of my screen. The game still thinks I’m paused for 1 day and 12 hours and doesn’t go any further, even though I’ve been paused for a bit longer. Pls fix, literally unplayable.

10 Likes

That’s dedication!

Uh, IA? Bug…:

there was 2 test, 1 conducted manually, 1 conducted using THE POWER OF CHEAT ENGINE

thats look very lmao

1 Like

Wasn’t Hugo the Great supposed to be a boss music ?
Instead it’s Chilli wings. Maybe IA changed his mind ?

1 Like

He did.

1 Like

Spoilers:

3 Likes

bugged heat gauge when using 2002 mode
Here’s it getting overheated

1 Like

Looks cool tho

3 Likes

no riddler textures?

lmao, it’s only fit when you’re preparing for a mission

1 Like

@InterAction_studios can the default background for everything be CI2 background in that mode
And replace CIU themes with CI2 original ‘spaceburger’ and menu music

Speaking of this:

How about making it like this, IA? :arrow_down:

For both the Mission Config and Mission Preparation screens?