Early Access version 110

Maybe, but who would decide what the par time even is? It’s clearly not going to be manually calculated for 22K missions. You also need to define what those “extra rewards” would be.

I don’t think that’s an issue. It’s very easy to not completely come to a stop before the knives are thrown, in which case you’ll get hit. Still, you can use this strategy if it suits you.

4 Likes

It’s totally reasonable to die a few times on a previously-unencountered wave

These waves don’t appear on easier difficulties.

6 Likes

I mentioned that the rewards he gets (keys, points, etc) increases by 10% if he gets lower than the par time. nothing else to define the extra rewards. you can do something that might works with this instead of setting up par times.

iA, I mean those waves“turning fork” and “spawner spinner”.

The chickens are not mirrored when they bounce – they simply change direction.

5 Likes

Hmm, how are these changes going to be handled in multiplayer if the host uses a different version from the other players (and vice versa)?

I assume it might crash for the other players when entering a wave with changed enemy counts, but if that mission is reentered then it would work fine

2 Likes

Very badly. I hadn’t thought of that :thinking:

6 Likes

Maybe make it shoot 5 projectiles in higher difficulties?

What about this?

@InterAction_studios , you didn’t answer that .

It already is, You just need a specific amount then you can sell them.

Changed in v.110.2 :medal_sports: Idea

No, these are bought/sold in packs.

4 Likes

shouldn’t the hue slider go from 0 to 360 instead of 0 to 255?

This is the same case as Egg City, where you see the “safe zone” but everyone else don’t. You can’t damage the enemy, and enemy is VERY likely to damage you instead by either throwing grenades or ramming into you.

I assume the implementation iA uses utilises a single byte for each value instead of floating point, which is 0-255. This has a benefit of space saving when storing paint jobs on server because byte takes 1 byte, and float takes 4 bytes.
UPD: or not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UPD2: Realised that they’re actually stored as RGBA, not HSV ._ .

IA can you prevent cowards from spawning from the Grand Prix wave, i think this is almost impossible to stay alive without satellites/special weapons (specially for the BX spacecrafts)

4 Likes

Changed in v.111 :medal_sports: Idea

It is actually floating point.

3 Likes

So here is my take on some new waves:

1. Barrel Roll. I do not understand how to pass it without getting into the center, because there you will die quickly.
  2. The Windmill. I also did not understand how to get through it. High chance of dying on any ship.
  3. Droid Rings. A cool wave when you are on fast ships, because the rate of fire and the speed of the enemy laser is very high.
  4. Sushi Belt. Almost the same, but simpler. It is possible to pass on BX 9. But I would move all the objects a little higher for maneuvers.
  5. Pop till they drop! This is an unusual wave, just right for ships with good DPS. Possibly suitable for BX 9.
  6. Spawner Spinner. Another corridor mission. An analogue of “The Windmill”, but lighter and in some places there is room for maneuvers.
    7.Stacker. It’s similar to “The Replacements”, but it’s also a bellhop if you don’t take out the last 3-4 lines of enemies at the very end. I would slightly expand the boundaries of indestructible barriers on the sides (Left Right).
  7. Packing plant. A very corridor wave, as some have said before. I do not recommend it for BX 9. It may be playable on easy difficulty, but I personally doubt it. We need to make the appearance of indestructible hammers or buildings more smoothly.
  8. Tuning Fork. It looks like a mixture of “Interdimensional Portals” and “Ricochet” however after a few bounces the enemies disappear.
    10 Shooting range. corridor wave. As some have pointed out, the circle is very small for BX ships. You have practically no room for maneuver and you become a punching bag for laser guns. We need to increase the circle for maneuvers.
  9. Strong Nuclear Force. Nice playable wave. I don’t think it’s worth touching for now.
  10. Tower of Power. If you try to destroy the chicken cannons, then you will not be able to cope with the next wall. It is better to destroy manpower. I would lower their dynamics a bit.
  11. Asteroid Vortex. A kind of asteroid wave. Similar to Spiral of Doom.
  12. Dyson Spheres. Cool and interesting wave. A little corridor, but in general it will do.
  13. Hammertime. I didn’t understand how to get through it. Very sharp movements. You need to slow down the swing a little before hitting. I would remove the mobs on the hammer handle and replace them with destructible egg barriers so that there are fewer obstacles and a more predictable passage.
  14. Exclusion zone. A very corridor wave, where you can die from not knowing that the enemy appears in any part of the corner of the screen to replace the dead. No need to be very close to the edges of the screen. It is necessary to reduce the indestructible building so that there is more room for maneuver.
    17 Feather Clumps. Cool wave, but the objects move too fast. You will not always have time to destroy the tools that are hidden by feathers.
  15. Brick Breaker. It’s too corridor. You have almost no room to maneuver. Let’s not forget about the enemies. In my case, there were plates with chickens. And there were a lot of them. In addition, soccer balls are very difficult to play. They are very fast and there are a lot of them. 3 or 4 balls would be enough.
    I also wanted to add that the “Wormhole” wave needs to be redone. It is necessary to expand the safe zone at least 2 times in order to be able to maneuver. And delay the attack of the enemies until they complete the first route (pinching from all sides).
1 Like

I forgot that they are still stored as RGB even when editing in HSV mode, my bad.

:warning:

UPDATE UPDATE*

So it seems issuing v110.2 is not going to be as straightforward as I thought due to multiplayer incompatibilities. I think a better approach would be to wait for another 24 hours, and then issue v.111 directly. I’ll try to do this as close to midnight GMT as possible so that unfairness is minimized.

*Yes, that’s right, it’s an update about the update.

19 Likes

Okay, but next time there’s no need to rush. I personally will wait once more for the next update to be more balanced. And yes, thank you for what you do :slight_smile: