Early Access version 101.2

Unless you get the easiest waves possible, satellites help so much. You underestimate how good bird-flu is in classic invasions. And this is especially true if you have waves with bubbles, or waves where enemies are blocked off by barriers or something like that. Or if you just get tons of mini-bosses in a wave. The medal for using no satellites isn’t worth going for at all imo unless you get really lucky with waves(or are playing mission types like comet chase where satellites are useless). Well I said bird-flu, what about other satellites? BBQ is amazing support, its best use is boss rush with alien mothership where you can eliminate its falling debris in order to get multikill easily, but I can imagine using it elsewhere is possible, tho idk where it would be good. Sadly ICBM has no place in meta, or at least I don’t know where you could use it. Microgun could be useful for supernova, but I’m unsure about that.
On the other hand, I feel like some of the medals that encourage not using equipment shouldn’t even exist anyways(or at least shouldn’t give points).

1 Like

By the way, I’d like to suggest that weapon virtuosity is removed from competitive missions.
It’s pretty annoying having to start with corn on most missions just because the least amount of people use it, and I really feel like it’s not going to be necessary once everything is supposed to be balanced anyways. There are so many cool weapons to choose from, and I’d want to be able to choose what I like the most or what’s best for the current mission, yet I’m forced to take the one that just gives the most score.

7 Likes

Or, virtuosity should take the average of weapons used across the mission instead of just what you start with. :+1:

Probably a lot of effort to get that working in practise, though.

1 Like

How about this? Since weapon virtuosity means that you use one weapon at the beginning and they gives you a small multiplier for that, why not take the time for each weapon and find out the weapon with most time used, then give a multiplier for that weapon depending on how strong it is and how popular it is. @InterAction_studios, can you do this to avoid RNG based game in weapon training?

I already do this

Big +1 on that. I am so sick of spamming corn shotgun on competitive missions aswell. We have all these powerful guns we like to use yet we need to stick to the least popular one just because. Ofc if we want to win that is.

Discouraging player from using the cool equipment available to him is everywhere in this game. It’s fine in non-competitive setting to have something like virtuosity or few extra points for completing the mission without satellites and whatnot. But it makes competitive missions a unpreparedness chess, that for me generally is less fun than what used to be before, tbh. I like using satellites but I rarely do if I want to compete, because it straight subtracts from your points when you use them.

If we want players to buy special weapons, satellites and all that kinda stuff and use them, IMO this kinda stuff should go, at least from comp missions.

• points for not overheating medal (discourages buying and using coolants)
  • points for not using satellites
  • points for not using special weapons
  • virtuosity bonus
  • points for accuracy medal (cmon it’s just an unfair advantage for usage of some weapons for no good reason IMO)
  • unpreparedness medal (this one is the worst because it discourages buying any equipment whatsoever)

Idk if I missed something, or if anyone even agrees with me, but this has been on my mind ever since I came back to CIU after the hiatus.

3 Likes

Can someone explain to me the whole virtuosity thing? Whats it about corn shotgun? I need more score to win dares and all

I believe that’s how it works already. And it still forces you to start with corn

I’ve considered it several times in the past, but it’s too much work for the benefit.

Fixed in v.102 :medal_sports: Bug

This seems a weird criterion. Either all food should be collectible, or none of it. And I don’t think the latter is such a great option.

Why not? It doesn’t affect other players at all.

What’s the problem?

I think that’s excessive for the M40x series, which already has other benefits. But I think it 4-5-6 satellites + speed could be used for the Raven, in exchange for max power = 9 :thinking:

That was the idea, but I’m having second thoughts. These changes are not final.

Each assignment comes at different time, hence has its own message. Merging messages would unjustifiably complicated.

As other players have noted, having rarities for this will most likely break the game. So, no.

Only Overdrive for v.102. Other Boosters will come later.

There was a plan to be able to order different burgers, and a history would be kept of everything you’ve ever eaten (with a matching “Hall of Gluttonous Fame”), but the whole thing had no practical point so it was dropped.

That is not true on all waves. Some waves don’t end until you’ve killed all the enemies, and there are safe spots where you can never die (especially if you clear a few rows of enemies beforehand)

Starting weapon has a negligible benefit (unless it’s Moron), because…

That is how it works. More specifically, a weighted average is taken of all your weapon usage.

See above, that’s not what it means.

I don’t understand why this is the case. It would only make a significant difference if you used Corn all throughout, is this what you mean?

6 Likes

Yes, orandza wouldn’t have suggested removing the weapon virtuosity bonus from comp if he switched between weapons, thus meaning he stuck to corn throughout.

Well when the objective is to have as much corn time as possible, taking something else at the beggining and risking not getting a corn drop early on is not gonna cut it. But even then, I don’t think starting with corn is the problem, needing to keep using it to get the most points out of the mission is what kinda makes it annoying.

1 Like

What about being able to buy food for the food charging booster. that would be helpful (note: someone already had this idea, forgot who)

Pidgey?

i think so

Question: why can’t we see the score medals give us if we click them in either stats — medals or general profile stats?

Because they vary from mission length

Well at least estimated multiplier or something then.

1 Like

Okay, I think I found a bug that can potentially be VERY exploitable.

It appears that the weapons that Weapon Training can select for you, are limited to what weapons are available for your current tier.

For example, if you’re Tier 3, you can get only Ion, Neutron, Laser, Lightning, Vulcan, Boron, Plasma in weapon training.

If you’re Tier 10, every weapon is available in Weapon Training.

I think from these videos, you can see what I’m hinting at.

Guest Account:

Max Tier Account:

11 Likes

This seems more reasonable, but I still dunno if it’s a linear calculation since I recollect the no death medal giving 55k points in dailies but less than 200k in weekly challenge.

@InterAction_studios Can you increase the speed of Armored chickens during Arnored Division?
You can easily kill the armored one by one there.

1 Like