Early Access version 100

i think henley’s comet should be re-rendered because its recycled from a normal comet which makes it blurry

6 Likes

Who came up with this idea? It would be interesting to know how many points scored outside the top.

4 Likes

And it will. On max power.

If you have to make it crap to play with to justify the power limit, then maybe we should just lower the power limit. Even if, at that point it no longer follows the family’s stat progression and would probably be better off being its own thing.
There is an alternative solution to the BX-9 max power problem (aka make max power give you one :zap:20 pylon and one :zap:10 pylon), but I’d argue that its limit is already kinda overkill as is. I stand by the proposal that it’d be better to lower the power limits by 2 and make the hitboxes considerably smaller.

3 Likes

20 + 10 sounds interesting, imo it should at least be 10 + 10 at max power. Could be 20 + 10 but with price significantly increased maybe? Would be so much fun. It’s good as the powerful but expensive, what I mean is I can make my hitbox smaller with perishables but I wouldn’t be able to increase my power like that. Bx-9 for people willing to spend keys to use it’s power, bx-8 for people that need smaller hitbox or more speed in exchange for power

i think not bc its losing maybe the balance of bx

is this a bug or just intended as loop?

2 Likes

I got it before, is rare

inf loop

1 Like

But anyways if it’s gonna keep double 10 at max power, it’s all good, I love this ship

1 Like

Unnecessary way to travel thought Star System

Kinda weird tho

4 Likes

i was there before

2 Likes

Could not replicate. Just to confirm, you are returned to the galaxy map but are not logged out of the game?

Because at least one of the major app stores (Microsoft, I think? unsure) does not support versions of the type X.0

I think explaining this is only of historic significance and frankly a waste of time, but:

• CIU and all previous IA games use different versioning systems, so they’re not comparable
  • Old versioning system was X.YYC.Z
    • X is “game sequel” numbering. It starts at 1, and it increases with each game sequel. All games have only 1 here, with the exception of IW which has 1 and 2, and CI which has 1,2,3,4,5 for each episode. CI2 is an exception, because 2.xx is used by the original, and 3.xx by the remastered version (CI2rm)

• YY is a two digit numeric. First digit increases for major updates, second digit for minor updates. So 1.20 is major, 1.21 is minor. Both major and minor versions have their own backward-incompatible versions of configuration files.

• C is the “channel” (a.k.a. distributor). This is empty or “ia” for IA builds, and various other values for 3rd parties (e.g. “steam”, bfg", “wt”, “amz”, “iwn”, “gh”, “ggl”, etc)

• Z is the “patch”. It was only supposed to be one letter, but CI5 required more than 26 patches, so after z I continued with za, zb, zc, etc. All patches use the same backwards-compatible configuration files, which is why I prefer them to increasing the minor version.

• The reason C is grouped together with X.YY is that together they form the unique folder name where each game saves its data (Z is ignored here, hence is less important).

• The “32-bit” identifier was introduced much later, and only when it made sense to distinguish between 32- and 64-bit builds (namely, when Apple/Android started requiring 64-bit builds)

• 1x means “standard resolution” (800x600 and later 800x480), 2x means “double resolution” (1600x1200 or 1600x960). For CIU specifically the values are 960x540 and 1920x1080.

Alpha/beta/unofficial releases always start with 0.x , and they jump to their final values (X.00) after official release.

In this scheme, major version determines network protocol version (or equivalently, network protocol changes count as major changes), so, yes, in fact it does need to be the same.

Entry and exit black holes are chosen at random, so there is a small chance to see this “looping” behaviour"

9 Likes

hmm, why do you have to delete some users?

Only inactive users are deleted, because they incur costs, clutter the galaxy, and reduce the quality of experience for active players. From Chicken Invaders Universe :

All of your account data is kept on the game’s servers. The only thing you save locally is a small token (which tells the servers which data is yours). This consumes CPU time (because your account data needs to be indexed and searched), storage space (on the disk and the database), and network bandwidth (because it must be transmitted to other players). All of these things come both at a technical and an economic cost. This makes it necessary to periodically clear out inactive accounts. Typically this happens after 6-12 months of inactivity, but under certain circumstances the period could be shorter (if you have only played for a few minutes total, for example).

5 Likes

Can your severs handle a lot of players at the same time because
If a huge streamer streamed the game his viewers would sign in the game and play with him

Can your servers handle alot of players or it will crash

his computer would crash or have connectivity issues (just like when iA hosted multiplayer lol) because multiplayer is hosted on the host’s machine

Many changes were made since then and the “trailer” session went pretty well, as far as I remember, even though the bandwidth usage was temporarily reduced.

3 Likes

@InterAction_studios kept the poll long enough. (Click up here)
74% of people that agree. i also think it should be added

Yes.
I stayed for over an hour

It’s similar to that bag we had before, where if you got in options menu while playing a mission, then closed it, you will be sent to the galaxy map instead of the mission.