It’s been a while since v.99, so this is in many ways a long update. However, it’s also not a “complete” update: re-balancing changes made to spacecraft are still ongoing. Since they require extensive technical changes to underlying systems, they will be rolled out progressively. Things should settle by v.101 or v.102. Important changes:
You can now leave and re-join the League.
As part of spacecraft re-balancing, all owned BX-6 spacecraft have been automatically upgraded to BX-7 (of equivalent rarity). Satellites and hardpoints have been emptied, and must be re-mounted manually.
The sound library has been updated. If you notice any looping sounds playing after they should have stopped, please report it immediately.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any mid-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
- your language selection
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.
- Steam .exe is now digitally signed.
- Removed “pixel-perfect” scaling from UVE.
- Settings in “Advanced Graphics Options” menu are now correctly upgraded from previous versions.
- Hot environment sun color is now correctly calculated for binary star systems (@Instinct8 Bug)
- Galactic Cup: Knockout phase: Tick marks are no longer shown if both players have played the match (@MoonKnight Idea)
- Galactic Cup: Knockout phase: If opponent plays but their score is zero, result is now shown as +100% for other player (previously, no score was shown) (@Liz_VN Idea)
- Fixed Corn Shotgun firepower 2 overheat time (should be 9 s, was 8 s) (@OneWingLunarian Bug)
- Multiplayer: Reduced net tick rate from 40fps to 30fps (approximately -15% bandwidth savings, +4ms average ping increase)
- Multiplayer: Fixed being unable to chat during pause menu if chat key was set to ENTER (@PAPION Bug)
- Uses BASS v188.8.131.52 (was previously v184.108.40.206)
- Translations: Fixed text overflow in descriptions of dockable items (planets, etc) in the galaxy.
- Profile screen: Swapped positions of “Customize” and “Mission Config” buttons.
- Corn shotgun: Reduced overall pellet spread in low power levels (less than 6 pellets). Pellets are now more evenly spread out (was previously random based on a cubic distribution) (@Recruit_75 Idea)
- Absolver: Reduced firing interval from 0.2s to 0.1s (@Recruit_75 Idea)
- Multiplayer: Fixed Gatling/Laserguns appearing incorrectly (at screen center) to players joining in mid-wave (@Liz_VN Bug)
- Multiplayer: Scoreboard now doesn’t overlap notifications (@RainbowBoyVN Idea)
- Multiplayer: Scoreboard now shows a maximum of 20 players . Any extra players are slowly scrolled in/out of view.
- Galactic Cup: Player callsign is now not highlighted/centered if “Anonymize” option is on (@trueuser Bug)
- Corn Shotgun pellets are now affected by wave gravity rather than always falling straight down (@Helios Bug)
- Changed seed for mission “Classic Micromachine” to fix “too much food/score” exploit (@Helios Idea)
- Removed “Christmas party” Space Burger.
- Removed Christmas content.
- Can now leave/re-join League (@MoonKnight @others? Idea)
- Safe zones, danger zones and anomalies are now shown on all skill levels (@Recruit_75 Idea)
- Number of satellites spawned by Alien container and Thundercluck is now limited to 4 players (was previously unlimited).
- Retro missions: Timer and wave count are now displayed as ??, and corruption effect is toned down (to avoid it looking like a graphics glitch).
- Reworked notifications to separate icon from text (more flexibility, better layout).
- Notifications and contact list now show whether mission is single-player or multi-player (@ArtemBexline211085 Idea)
- Controls menu: Duplicate controls are now immediately cleared (previously the GUI would remain stale) (@iIfireIi Bug)
- Multiplayer: Chat log is now always visible while entering new chat text (@iIfireIi Idea)
- Fences and Bubbles no longer have a player killer.
- Fences and Bubbles no longer participate in “Pecking Order” calculations (@Sihok-Adssres Bug)
- Engines now improve spacecraft speed in “massive environments” (the speed multiplier matches the engine’s fuel efficiency) (@GgWw1175 Idea)
- Spacecraft rarity increases maximum speed by 30 native pixels per rarity level (was 25)
- Maneuvering Jets now stack additively (linearly) rather than being compounded (@GgWw1175 Idea)
- Each Maneuvering Jet now improves maximum speed absolutely by 60 native pixels (previously, boost was relative to base speed)
- Bombers now take a 15% speed hit on Massive mission environments (@GgWw1175 Idea)
- Maximum speed of bombers has been increased by 100 native pixels (@GgWw1175 Idea)
- All owned BX-6 spacecraft have been automatically upgraded to BX-7 (of equivalent rarity). Satellites and hardpoints have been emptied, and must be re-mounted manually. (@GgWw1175 Idea)
- Removed BX-6 spacecraft from Galactic and regional Stores.