Early Access version 04

you can see if a celestial body has been explored

I don’t have an opinion about starting with more lives, but i disagree with the permanent extra lives idea.

2 Likes

Also, I feel like the damage output is way too low. Utensil and Neutron are the only weapons that deal moderate damage. Everything else is useless, especially things like Riddler or Vulcan, where I’d rather collect an egg instead of them.

I just spent almost 10 minutes on one extreme square dancing wave because i accidentally collected the ion blaster 1 wave earlier…

1 Like

@InterAction_studios there should be a way to select the superweapon to use while in a mission.If i am deperate to use a missile while there are 3 damage boosters before it, I first have to waste them to use a missile. Maybe add a hotkey to switch to the next superweapon. When you run out of it, it automatically switches.

3 Likes

Thank you, IA, very cool

@InterAction_studios the speed of chicken attacks is too fast in all difficulties, can you correct that?

@InterAction_studios Hard waves are fine, as long as you have enough space to dodge. But waves like pulsating grid don’t give you any. Lost 8 lives in that one wave after not dieing in any wave before and had to surrender.

2 Likes

What do you mean? The speed wasn’t changed (only in skill levels Veteran and above). It’s been the same speed for years.

@cook1ee Depends. If you encountered it with SSH, then anything goes. Keep some missiles handy for such occasions. But if you encounter an ‘impossible’ wave with Rookie skill, let us know and we’ll take the difficulty of that particular wave down a notch.

2 Likes

I could use missiles, but as I said, they are way too expensive to be worth it. Mines could stay at the same price, but maybe they could do way more damage than missiles and be more effective against bosses?

Maybe, on pulsating grid the nearest enemies to the center should be put away from the center by about the size of 1-2 chickens or the centermost circle of enemies should be removed?

I don’t know if you already know it, but on “Nasty Surprise”, the eggs have almost no health which leads to releasing over 3 UFO’s when you try to kill one, which leads to dieing in a rain of blue lasers :smile:

1 Like

This is a good example of damage output. I can’t even kill 20% of all enemies no matter how fast i shoot. Should’nt I be able to kill almost everything with a max power utensil poker?

2 Likes

No. At leaſt, not if you are looking for hard levels. If you’re playing rookie, maybe.

When I play hard missions, i expect action packed explosion intensive and bullet-hell like gameplay, not a huge damage sponge that I cant break.

2 Likes

Uhm,yes,you should be able to kill everything with a max power utensil poker,or at least almost everything. You shouldn’t be literally forced to just sit in one place and watch everything pass by.

3 Likes

Every time i try to choose super star hero as a difficulty the game crashes and i get this message. is super star hero playable?

1 Like

Im fine with how difficulties work now but I’m not okay with adding too much enemy health, SSH adds too much health and it’s just boring, I spend too much time on one wave. I’m fine with how projectiles are faster and everything else.

Something in your profile is corrupt due to a game bug. You had a skill level mounted in the slot which you sold while still having it mounted. We’ll let you know when it’s fixed.

1 Like

@InterAction_studios Pulsating Grid and Wormhole are really problematic because I have no space to dodge. I never die before and then I lose all my firepower on that one wave and I need to surrender. I need more space to react & dodge. Also, I can’t free myself because everything has too much health, especially chickens (they seem to have over 2000 health which is way too much). SSH shouldn’t boost health at all, or even decrease it because you ecounter much more strong enemies which have even more health than normal chickens. Also, lots of damage means fun, explosions which still make it harder to dodge, but not that much and more bullet hell possibilities :smiley:

2 Likes

Chicken Roulette with 5 Gatling Chicks have no space to dodge, too, and with their toughness as well as metal eggs surround them, it’s impossible not dying, using missiles and dimensional phase out is also useless since it take lots of effort to destroy thee barrier(aka metal egg) around them

2 Likes

The problem is that you take ages to free yourself. Even Utensil doesn’t deal enough damage to break through barriers fast enough. @InterAction_studios I think you should lower enemy health, especially on SSH (halve it, maybe?) you can increase the enemy fire rate in return. I want some action and lots of :boom: ! :smiley:

Those waves like chicken roulette, pulsating grid and wormhole can be changed in a way that enemies are further away from the center (about 1.5x - 2x the current distance) so you can dodge and see bullets more than two distances of a chicken away.

Actually, there is enough space:

Then again, I used to play a lot of Soundodger+ so I guess that could be why I didn’t find this problematic.

I remember I once got a pulsating grid wave (the easier variant) in which the game spawned Ninja Chicks (as you may expect, they kill you pretty much instantly).

Even with ninja chicks,you shouldn’t die instantly,but it’s still not really fair,either.