Early Access... How long?! (+Ideas)

I’m pretty sure it’s not just my opinion and I don’t have to keep it for myself.

2 Likes

I got tired.

• For Farhankhosravi’s point
  • Other points

0 voters

1 Like

Whoah!
Why making vote, etc…
I just posted my suggestions
It’s only up to IA ! that’s the game maker, not you, not me, not everyone else…
This is finished.

To end this:
I don’t know what are you thinking but this is the game. Players play game, players suggest ideas which they want to see in game. One person can’t decide what most of players want to see in game. Developer works to make the game better. In his interests to make it better. Not only because of money, but to get respect from players. If developer comes respected, players will help him in unpredictable situation. Will send him ideas. Will send him possible solutions of existing errors. Will spend tons of time to find out if something works fine. You can’t make suggestions only to developer. If you make suggestion — you make players to criticize, discuss your idea. Then, if players came to conclusion, developer comes to discuss implementation, possibility of adding it. Only developer can decide what to do or not to do because only he has access to game’s source, only he can make fans believe in him and every decision he makes he needs to discuss with players and himself for some time before doing anything to find all pros and cons.
Congratulations, the second person on the whole forum who pissed me off.

8 Likes

Hi @Farhankhosravi, and thanks for your feedback. You make some valid points, and I will take them into consideration. The game is indeed not progressing as fast as I’d like and there are many reasons for this:

• I work alone. Although I’ve tried hiring more people in the past to help out, I still don’t have someone who I feel can do justice to my vision for CIU.
  • There’s a lot of work that must be performed which is simply not ‘visible’ to players. I design the cloud architecture, the servers, the databases, the networking protocol, the UVE graphics engine, the arcade game layer, the MMO game layer, the billing (IAP) system. I also design new content, do 3D modelling, texturing, rendering, programming, sound effects. And then there’s also the work involved in porting to Steam/Mac/Linux/iOS/Android/Win10. And eventually there’ll be website design, promotion/marketing and social/community management to deal with.
  • There is a very real time and effort cost involved every time I switch from one of these things to another. It takes time to remember what I did last time, and to ramp up efficiency. Sometimes there’s no inspiration, and other times there’s just indecision. After a while, fatigue and burnout set in.
  • The rest of life has its own demands, whether it’s health or other unpleasant issues.

So, yes, the game is currently not what I’d ideally like it to be, but I regret that it’s the best I can do.

To answer your particular questions:

1. No idea, nothing has changed in the game.
  2. Fixing this is on my list, but the (technical) reasons behind this are more complicated than what you’d think.
  3. Size is not a measure of quality. I like to keep things small because (i) I like efficiency (ii) they have reduced bandwidth costs for me (iii) they are faster to download for players (iv) they help A LOT with smartphones and other mobile platforms. BTW, the textures are uncompressed and are at full resolution. The only way to increase the game size would be to add more content.
  4. CI3/4/5 data shows that multiplayer is in fact not as popular as you might think. And making CIU multiplayer is technically complex and would have high costs for me, as explained elsewhere.
  5. You mean, you want more waiting? :stuck_out_tongue:
26 Likes

UVE works with 2D, and I think it should be like that forever.

I don’t understand what is this poll about.

I thought the game was 344 MB?

3 Likes

He’s obviously speaking about download size. Have you heard about compression?

1 Like

“complete” as in reach 100% (galaxy exploration etc) but maybe i’m underestimating tryharders a bit here

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.