Dislike button

A dislike button have the :broken_heart: icon when you don’t like that post.

3 Likes

Yes, there is this feature, but I don’t want it to be added here, because if the post is “hated” too much, it will usually be reported and hidden.

Another case is one user posting a real idea, but not good and controversial, however does not violate any rules. In this case, this user simply deserves no likes (and can read constructive comments about their ideas), but not “hate”, as using a strict “hate” button may negatively affect that user.

5 Likes

It will be more good if you don’t like a post. I think there can be another way when it’s not legitmate to be flagged.

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people . Please avoid:

• Name-calling
  • Ad hominem attacks
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
  • Knee-jerk contradiction

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

That would definitely cause complains on some users, especially when the no. of dislikes accumulated enough.

9 Likes

what do you mean

All of these are different things, in descending order:

• Mark an answer as the best answer (solution)
  • Like the post
  • Not like the post
  • Dislike the post
  • Flag a post for moderation
  • Flag a post for off-topic
  • Flag a post for inapproriate
  • Flag a post as spam

I don’t want to discourage new users (or any user), so displaying a strict number of hates is not a very good idea. Post constructive comments (replies) for them instead if you really don’t like it.

what?

Showing a number of “hates” is not a good idea, because some actual nice users may stay away from the community just because they have 10 or 20 or more “hates” for a polite discussion. No matter how bad it is, as long as they act politely, they don’t deserve hates.

1 Like

not hate, just dislike

like thumbs down

That’s the same thing. Discourse called it “hate this post”.

What about you need to message why you dislike that post. Then the author can fix

Then comment publicly instead of messaging, and don’t :heart: the post.

2 Likes

nah. you just don’t like my idea

1 Like

That’s why I don’t give a :heart:. But assuming there is the “hate” option, I would never use this option unless in addition to flagging spam or inappropriate posts.

Dislike should slow down the likes, for example: If someone have 100 likes and someone dislike he will have 99 and so on. The problem here is that this can be misused. Dislike doesnt have anything to do with flags.

1 Like

Don’t assume this standing. It just makes thing worse for you and your argument.

Much better if one quote a specific argument, disagree it (with appropriate reason/s) then check if someone else would actually like that reply.

4 Likes

no. It will be same on Youtube. I don’t like -1 :heart:

Youtube doesnt have -1.

3 Likes