CIU weapon balance program - Part 8: Boron & Moron Railgun

So the new Boron is the opposte of Universe Vulcan.I like it. In my opinion more weapons should have changes based on the heating mechanic. It gives more “usfulness” to one of the best features in the game!

4 Likes

You spelled “most annoying” wrong.

Apparently opinions on that vary wildly XD

Don’t worry, someday you will see corn shotgun shoots popcorns as the heat increases, if my idea is implemented.

Based on @1galbatorix1’s idea to make boron railgun has special effect (in this case damage depends on heat level) while its noob version doesn’t, I think it would be great if more (if every is not possible) weapons have special effect too and have their noob counterparts that don’t have any.

2 Likes

Hmmm idk about that. Don’t you think that having one “noob gun” is enough?

Though I don’t know,maybe a mechanic other than overheat could be introduced for other ships?https://forum.chickeninvaders.com/t/energy-based-weapons-only-spaceships/4689/8
(shameless self advertising)

You are litteraly saying that to the guy who suggested ship with abilites (like one that self explodes)

1 Like

Redirect me to that post please.

1 Like

This was the topic
I tought that I shared Hellburner (The kamikaze ship) there but not.
I have so much ideas for spacecraft with abilites. Maybe I will make a “topic series” with some maths like WBP or WHP

2 Likes

Well,do me a favor and add mine to that list and expand on it,if you would please.
Will not come back to claim credit.

Update: It seems that I have less and less free time to work on WBP because of new school and other things. WBP is not cancelled in any way, but I have to inform you guys that time between my upcoming post may be even longer than previously. I am not able to tell how much time it will take me to make part 9, 10 and 11. It may be a week, but it may be 3 weeks aswell. I don’t know. I understand that many people are waiting for my new posts, but right now I have other RL things to do.

So yea, basically WBP is going on a hiatus.

5 Likes

Take as much time as you need, real life is not negotiable.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Boron changes in v.48 :medal_sports: Idea

• Projectile damage: 70/120/160
  • Power now increases with heat level (5 levels, x2.5 max)
  • Increased overheat time @ power 10 to 8.8s (from 5.7s)

Gifts/powerups still reset heat to 0%. Although this is counter-productive for this particular weapon, I think it’s more important to keep a consistent approach. Besides, being at high heat levels always runs the risk of overheating, so it’s not like it’s the preferred state no matter what.

17 Likes

Reworked Moron in v.48

• Projectile damage is now 65/115

Not many changes here, because Moron is not only meant to function as a starter weapon, and has some features specifically targetted at helping beginners. To this end:

• It has fairly high damage output at low power levels (even higher that some ‘legitimate’ weapons)
  • It’s not upgradeable past level 8
  • It has long overheat time.
15 Likes

While it’s true there’s a higher risk of overheating, that is what the rework is about - giving the player higher damage for taking a bigger risk. It’s supposed to make the weapon one that requires more skill to use, and if newbies want to use it, they can stick to around 50% heat, so they can still deal decent damage, while having a lower risk of overheating. And that’s why it would be good if the weapon had its overheat set to 50% instead of 0% when you get a powerup - you don’t really have a reason to stay at 0% no matter what kind of player you are.

1 Like

So if it was under 50% heat then it would be heated up to 50%? Instead we can make a new rule to halve the current heat when picking the powerups (ex. If you’re in 70% then picking powerups make it to 35%). True, it’s nerf to almost every weapon, but it would benefit weapons with heat related mechanic.

It’s good Vulcan chainrail gun back ci3 ci4 ci5

Wow, we will get 7 reworked weapons next update