CIU version 141 BETA

mmm…i see the meteor shower is normal in seasonal contant (none).

but in christmas did not change like meteor ice ball (it appears the smoke ice only behind meteor)

1 Like

hmm… is it possible to change the texture of asteroids from red to normal while we are on Earth?

also thought of CI2’s old food and coin drops (a bunch of coins from one enemy and only drumsticks and roasts)

and what’s the order of weapon drops here? I saw riddler in chapter 3

be quick or be dead seems to work like the version from the ci1 anniversary mission instead of the original, the chickens spawn in instantly and there’s a lot of them

3 Likes

me too, i saw boron is drop in chapter 1

in the interception waves when flying close to horizontally, it seems to be impossible to shoot them from below

1 Like

i wonder if the CI2 mother-hen ship could appear in regular CIU missions, though i dont know if thats allowed (even with a poll or something)

the first mother hen ship encounter spawns in chickens at around 25% instead of 50%, and when escaping it doesn’t give any more points for shooting it, that was a nice detail that probably should be back in

there are some other scoring details like chickens giving different amounts of points depending on their shirt color or the ci2 bonuses like treasure and mystery

the terminator chicken waves are just a copy of the version from ci3 instead of the original from ci2 (spawning from the top only, without a limit)

2 Likes

I was going to make a poll last night about the intro cutscenes to “fix” an “issue”. We see the Hero shoot the last chicken while heading to the outer planets, only to reverse course upon seeing the invasion. I was wondering if the intro cutscene could be mirrored. It’d make some sense for the invasion to swarm the Sun, then make their way inward (from the Sun) to cover the whole solar system. It’d definitely explain how the Hero starts at Pluto, instead of fleeing towards the sun.

Should the CI2U intro cutscene be mirrored?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

the asteroid belt uses regular music, what if it had the victory theme instead

3 Likes

in asteroid waves and chicken interecptions, the enemies would spawn all at once and first the faster ones would arrive then the other incoming enemies would gradually slow down, i think it was better than the current method of just having them all arrive in sequence with the same speed

in particular i think this change made it so that the asteroid belt is not a threat at all, just 10 waves of relatively easy asteroids

the mother hen ship should drop atoms on every phase like the original

this feels like they’re spawning a bit low
obraz

1 Like

Well f me, died after 12 minutes due to low hanging asteroid in asteroid belt…
CI2 looks glorious on CIU engine - mainly high framerate 150+. Weapon overheating is annoying though.

So far my notes:

• 26 quick or be dead (and later qobd waves too) - chickens spawn nearly instantly in a line instead of flying
  • Gas station cutscene - some animation of fuel hose would be appreciated since right now it looks just like in CI2 and the coin drop sound makes it seem like the spaceship just prayed to some statue.
  • 40 - cracks in the boss egg glow purple when I was using the purple photon stream(?) weapon - that one that bends.

Also. When I crashed into asteroid and died (because didn’t equip any lives) I got an error:

3 Likes

Positron Stream. The other one would be Plasma (which is pink).

1 Like

Angry UFO

10 Likes

i appreciate that there are new variants for the classic invasion waves, in fact the one from chapter 7 is the one from chapter 5 in the v2.00 demo (it was different in other versions)

the berserk chickens are not fast enough :v
they also have red feathers upon death for some reason

classic invasion variants also seem to have different versions of swooping down, for example chapter 9 they all do it at the same time

1 Like

it’s wierd playing CI2 with new (curent)neutron gun,…so yet againg it is possile to add a “new” weapon, classic(origina) neutrogun???..anyway is very enjoyable playing CI2 on Universe!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

wave 96 spawns so many chickens that it might not be possible to, well, live with low firepower

When playing this, I got me thinking… Would be possible to create an extra chapter after The Sun for achieving idk… beating the game without losing live/few lives, getting enough score or making it just unlockable after the first campaign victory (or maybe after beating the game on higher difficulty).
These ten waves could be based on unused ideas for CI2 (if there were any during the production back then).

2 Likes

Ok finished.

• Wave 80 and the next “fight” boss are tough. I’m on a rookie level and the way they move reminds me of UCO from v10 waaaaaay back then. They move so chaotically and slam everywhere like they have an epilepsy attack.
  • asteroids in final chapter - they should divide to 3 smallest asteroids because currently they don’t.
  • Final boss is oof. Died so many times there. But weirdly enough when the egg starts moving it becomes way too easy to be a last attack phase. Where is my instant bullet death beam from original CI2?

New moving patterns for classic invasion are neat.

the bosses are absolutely ridiculous with the amount of health and how fast they are (notable ones: chapter 9 bosses in general, final mother hen ship phase where it keeps shooting at you without a break)

by the way the “Oh yeah! Die, egg!” part should include the accelerating into hyperspace part from the original

4 Likes

Looks like the font will need another treatment. Sigh.

2 Likes

the 360 chicken heads dont really look like the other ones in CI2U, they’re not as red

shouldn’t some of the classic invasions (like chapter 1) have pecking orders?

boss waves don’t display the wave number even though i dont think there were any waves that didn’t in CI2

the chapter 2 unique waves (one on one, reinforcements, help) had 6 sets of enemies instead of 5

wave 18 asteroids already split two times instead of once, unlike the original

similarly from chapter 8 they already split three times even though that only happened in the last chapter in the original

in earlier chapters (2 and onward) chickens would start swooping down much earlier than they do here

initial approach chickens aren’t moving as fast as in the original

the three waves in the last chapter are all “death from above” instead of what they should be

1 Like