CIU version 140 BETA

Should health stage progression for Blast from the Past and It Gets Cold In Space be non linear in regular CIU missions?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

was referring to this

1 Like

There is indeed a space, but in another prompt.
When translating, I did not put a space in my translation, while English prompts should have been intact from the beginning.

1 Like

Do you plan to bring the remaining waves from CI3U back to CIU?

Did you close BETA temporarily without any notification?
EDIT: I caused this problem at 10:08am (GMT+7) (6th November 2023)

don’t tell me it’s windows update fault again

If that’s the case, I’m afraid iA cannot reboot the server until he’s woken up :cipain:
By the way, I’ve implemented UTC time in Legendary Tracking Chart, which is iA’s timezone (without daylight saving). If you don’t want to search for it or convert your timezone to UTC manually, you can have a Google Sheets tab opening the Chart always on.

Fixed in v.140.2 :medal_sports: Bug

Ugh. I’ve improved it, but I can’t fully fix this because there’s a wave transition very near and the crystals must disappear before the wave can advance.

(to be continued)

10 Likes

Tried it, but it messes up the whole scene timing (the egg splat etc). So, no,

The stand-alone seasons will only include weapons present in the original episode, however they will still have their reworked CIU mechanics. And there will be other differences, too (e.g. unlockables, CI5 mission progress)

Besides, even if the seasons were identical to the CIU DLCs, there is still a business benefit to having them also available separately. As DLC, the episodes are simply never going to be as discoverable as stand-alone SKUs.

Having said this, I still haven’t made a final decision.

120th Anniversary doesn’t use repeatable RNG, precisely to offer some variation between plays.

I considered this, too, but I think no change is necessary.

Fixed in v.140.2

I don’t really want to spend time fixing a debug feature, but I’ve exposed two more debug keys: < and > to skip to previous/next wave. What I normally do is warp to some nearby wave using 0-9 and then fine-tune it with < > .

Sorry, I meant one chapter later.

Given the way the enemies progressively appear in CI3 (rather than all at once in CIU), changing the Packing Order is not possible.

I don’t have this information.

CI3 didn’t have a Halloween version. Also, if I do it for CI3, I’ll also have to do it for CI2/45. But I’ll look into it.

Changed in v.140.2 :medal_sports: Idea

Change applied to CIU.

Thanks. I’ve now search-replaced all occurrences of ellipses followed by space.

Server crashed. It’s up again now.

12 Likes

hey iA our idea/bug is broken.
ds
git the earn from duplicate medal.

1 Like

Yolk star has 4 Lazers and 6 bases in the original CI3 game.
The bases are.
1st 0% to 20% health
2nd 20% to 40% health
3rd 40% t0 60% health
4th 60%to 80% health
5th 80% to 100% health
6th (the yolk) 75% to 100% health

1 Like

:information_source:

BETA v.140.2 is now available.

:arrow_down: Download the BETA from: https://universe.chickeninvaders.com/files/CIU_BETA_v140_2_0.zip

6 Likes

why this first wave in charity firepower item early in ci3U.

or “Were Surrounded” Wave so wide in circles can you wide more than bigger.

Can you faithful destroy asteroid in CI3U with smoke particles.

Modern in Chicken Invaders 3 (Basically from CIU)
cc
Classic in Chicken Invaders 3
xx

then also of Treasure Shower and Comet Chase.

1 Like

It’s still possible to kill balloon chickens without hearing the deflate sound if they get killed in one shot while still having balloons

by the way, what’s the weapon unlocking order for CI3U? is it the same as CI4U? it feels like the CI4+ weapons dont drop until later on

1 Like

i hope guess about from CI3/CI4/CI5 text animation

must added on this mission config of text animation in CIU.

350 :key: in text animation of galactic store and allowed Aftermarket Station.

meanwhile from before early access 74 can you CIU in text animation that is so nice.

or

The cutscenes won’t to thanksgiving background in ci4u!

1 Like

There’s another case of ship engine smoke being visible in the middle of the screen on the cutscene after wave 30

Are comets the same size as they were in CI3? I think they might need to be slightly larger due to the play field resolution change

1 Like

They are not alike!
These inconsistencies arise when seasonal content is active
(It happens on Halloween, Easter, Thanksgiving. No problem at Christmas.)
@InterAction_studios

2 Likes

this cutscene still uses the CIU asteroid sprite

riddler and possibly some other ship/weapon combinations still reach the chickens on classic invasion waves

the second trigonometry wave seems to be the same as the first one (3 groups of enemies at once instead of 5)

1 Like

they aren’t same because the cutscene one uses ordinary chicken (i think)

is this me or that the chicken body in the cutscene uses older CI3 Chicken?

the space background you equip doesn’t affect the galaxy

since the UCO health values changed, its kinda weird that the first two It Gets Cold In Space enounters have slightly more health than the next bosses after them

also these 3 changes arent on the change log

1 Like