CIU version 130.2

I tried a few missions, seemed like mission length is the main reason for disqualification, not difficulty.

Regarding the Laser rework: I’m quite happy with how it turned out. The only complaint I have is that the spread on :zap:1 might be somewhat too much due to the lack of a middle beam. I thought that this might turn out to be an issue, but the spread is a bit more than I expected it to be. Consider switching this volley from mid to near projectile spawn points.

Huh. I tried out a 1x5 chicken invasion mission (0-5%) with tourist on and with a BX ship equipped and that doesn’t count as a disqualification

Did you play it multiple times?

Let me improve your poll:

Should the ID’s be made with letters, numbers, or both combined?
  • Letters.
  • Numbers.
  • Both combined.
0 voters
1 Like

I have played a 1x6, 5%-11%(+40%) Chicken Invasion, 3 times: victory, surrender at 1st wave, victory. Only the surrender result is disqualified.

Right after the update, I also played a short Squawk Block and got disqualified in all three attempts (using BX-9 with satellites). Seems like unoriginality penalty isn’t related to mission disqualification.

God forbid me for having an opinion on a change that I find unwanted. Not everything is a “Yes I like it!” how you probably expect. My original post was directed to iA after all, not at you. You can ignore me if you want, besides, what’s it to you?

5 Likes

Shouldn’t we see what our public IDs looks like cause this is part of our identification

3 Likes

That means I’m not allowed to answer your posts or give you counter-arguments? And therefore you’re always right?

I’m going to laugh in my dreams while sleeping.

Why do you like pissing people off when they want to oppose your opinions and thoughts?

3 Likes

Because what he said so far makes zero sense. And don’t try pissing me off, Mr. Baron.

1 Like

I tried it the same mission and loadout with the same ship (BX-7) for the 2nd to 5th time and all those mission didnt count as a disqualification

Yeah i checked and the public IDs are only viewed in contact and when reporting someone. I know this is experimental but how are we suppose to know if public IDs is suppose to check for confirmation if we are unable to see what ours look like

With the Laser Cannon getting the CI2 treatment, I wonder if Neutron Gun could get the same? I really like its WIDE projectiles.

neutral gun

EDIT: it’s already fixed

dammit autocorrect fixed

ik it may sound unnecessary but if possible could you make the mission that you name them always appear on the top instead of appearing randomly?

or if possible make a new catalog where the mission you name them always appear on the top list, it’s like taking notes where which mission has something unique and what not

Changed in v.131 :medal_sports: Idea

Because they’re currently on-line and not in a mission.

These measures are designed as protection against exploits that are far more serious that mere “grinding” (such as using scripts to auto-play the game for hours on end). If you have a legitimate need to grind, then it shouldn’t be so hard to favourite a dozen different missions that you can cycle through.

The rocket has been replaced with actual mission type icon.

Yes, I’ve temporarily removed this to fix a bug (see v.130.2 server-side). I’ll see if/how it can be added back in.

The red color simply means that you didn’t fly all of them. It has nothing to do with the mission result.

IDs will eventually be exposed in other areas of the game. For now I just want to make sure they work correctly.

I was thinking that, too. Changed in v.131 :medal_sports: Idea

Exactly. You can have one witthout the other. To re-iterate:

• Unoriginality Penalty reduces score/food/key yield for repeated plays of the same non-competitive mission over a period of 12 hours.
  • Disqualification ignores the mission when calculating activity medals, leaderboard placement (in v.131+), and quest progression.

You will, eventually.

6 Likes

This rework was more out of necessity than for aesthetic reasons. The CI2 version simply turned out to fit the mold almost perfectly and required minimal changes.

CI2 Neutron’s damage progression is a huge mess comparatively, with each projectile having three or two sub-types. One of the variants of B3 can be disregarded since it’s only used in the max power level, but that still leaves us with 3 weak and 3 medium projectiles. There are other issues with it (:zap:9 would need to have its damage readjusted), and frankly, I would hate to be dealing with that.

Current Neutron is fine as far as the volleys are concerned, and any adjustments to its performance can be done via numerical changes if necessary.

Oh yeah, I’m pretty sure I said this before at some point but I guess it got lost in the sea of text. Feel free to stop giving me idea medals for weapon-related changes, I’ve already received an honestly excessive amount for them.