CIU version 130.2

MAIN CHANGES

:warning: v130.1 Has a crashing bug whenever you search for new squadron members. Make sure you’re using v130.2

More anti-Cheat. Cheating. It’s the gift that keeps on giving. More cheaters, more countermeasures, more days of work wasted, more delays for the iOS and Android versions of the game and for further productive development.

Perhaps surprisingly, the anti-cheat system is slightly more lenient now and works under a “three strikes” model, with progressively longer periods of banning each time you cheat. However, the official policy is still that cheating once gets you permanently banned, and it may be applied to exceptional cases (for example: cheats that cause additional maintenance effort on my part, destructive cheats that can also affect other players, or simply me getting up on the wrong side of the bed that particular morning).

Also, some measures are now taken against exploits and wave farmers. There are two aspects to this:

• The “Unoriginality Penalty” rules are now slightly different, and the penalty is now applied to all of score, keys, and food gained during a mission.

• Missions that have been played in an exploitative way can now be disqualified.

The exact rules are not made public, both as a matter of policy but also as a matter of practicality (as they are always changing, with new rules being added or tweaked as the need arises). It is important to note, though, that cheating and exploitative play are two different things. Sure, some of your flown missions might be ignored, but exploitative play will not get you banned.

Amazingly, there was enough time to cram two gameplay-related changes in this update: reworks for the Laser Cannon and the Accumulator booster. Check the changelog for details.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Note that your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (put it in your forum profile where it says “name” so I can find it).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any mid-mission progress
  • your language selection

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.

• :bug: Removed extraneous calls to save mission state (triggered by multiplayer guests).

• :gear: Multiplayer playback: Fixed display of local player during playback.

• :bulb: Notifications about contacts flying/winning/losing/etc. missions now use icon corresponding to mission type (@TrophyHunter :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: Strengthened anti-cheat measures (@Sammarald :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: Improved callsign validation.

• :bug: “The Bird House” wave: This change from v.129 is now correctly applied to counter-clockwise variation: “Squashed top trajectories to prevent enemies from leaving the screen entirely” (@thai2910)

• :gear: Better anti-cheat and anti-exploit logging.

• :bulb: Mission Outcome screen: “Unoriginality penalty” now compounds over the last 12 hours, and resulting penalty now affects all of score, food, and keys. Penalty is nullified below tier 10, and is progressively applied until tier 50, when it reaches full strength (@Stardrone :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bulb: Mission Outcome screen: Missions can now also be disqualified if they have been played in an exploitative way.

• :gear: Implemented a “three strikes” banning system: First violation results in a 1-month ban, second violation in a 6-month ban, 3rd violation is a permanent ban (@iIfireIi :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bulb: Experimental feature: Added “public IDs” (= persistent ID per player account) (Only works when searching for contacts or reporting players) (@DePeeper :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bulb: Reworked Laser Cannon based on WBP: further weapon balance suggestions (+ test excel sheets) - #132 by GgWw1175 (@GgWw1175 :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bulb: Accumulator now passively charges 275% faster, but can’t charge past 50% due to time alone. Kill-based charging has been slowed down to 80 kills for a full charge, and the cooldown period has been increased from 1s to 2s. These values have been exposed in the Excel (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bulb: Made HUD pulsing effect while Accumulator is discharging more obvious.

v.130.2 EMERGENCY PATCH

• :bug: Fixed crash when searching for new squadron members (@defaultname :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bug: Outcome screen: Fixed misaligned balloon tip and tutorial dashed areas (@neonep :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bug: (server-side) Fixed unable to log in (immediate disconnection by server) if you are in the middle of a League or Cup mission. This fix will unavoidably also remove your mission icon from the Contacts list in those cases. (@neonep :medal_sports: Bug)

v.130.3 EMERGENCY PATCH (server-side)

• :gear: Competitive missions can no longer be disqualified due to exploitative play (@Stary :medal_sports: Bug)

• :gear: Mission disqualification rules due to exploitative are now more lenient. (@Stary :medal_sports: Bug)

• :gear: Reduced Unoriginality Penalty to 10% (was 30%) per repetition.

• :bulb: Contacts: League and Cup missions now use the “hybrid” icon.

• :gear: Disqualified missions are now excluded from mission leaderboards.

• :bulb: Quests: Reduced “Earn bonuses: Early Bird” by 40% (@PlasmaX :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bulb: Quests: Reduced “Earn bonuses: Multikill” by 20%

20 Likes

Nice touch, IA!

Also, a reminder:

75% voted ‘‘Yes’’.

How about halving that quest?

4 Likes

Can you fix this? It’s overlapping

1 Like

why did it crash right after I searched for the member I was looking for

is it something to do with the public ID implementation?

2 Likes

Speaking of this, IA, if ‘‘Keys collected’’ displays a lime message when clicked, why not making it the case for ‘‘Food collected’’ as well? Bug?

Argh, yes. This needs an emergency patch.

5 Likes

The new mission outcome screen should only be visible if you get a penalty.

Nah, I like the new one over the old one, no matter what.

nope its a bit too congested

and then there’s this, gonna need a little update

2 Likes

when i tried to download the android version (usual thing) uhhh this happened

2 Likes

Download links do not work temporarily. I am updating the files.

7 Likes

Fixed in v.130.2 :medal_sports: Bug

Fixed in v.130.2 :medal_sports: Bug

7 Likes

:information_source:

v130.2 is now available.

v130.1 has a crashing bug whenever you search for new squadron members. Make sure you’re using v130.2

9 Likes

orbited in safer place (130.2)

I just wondered why CatBuzzy’s status is empty despite of others displayed normally :neutral_face:

Please get rid of this completely. I only checked Stardrone’s post about it on 129 Update. I used to just loathe Unoriginality Penalty because people shouldn’t be stopped if they want to tryhard a mission until they get the best score. But then again it’s just score. Affecting keys however, is just too limiting. Let people tryhard farm their keys as they want. I did that too, once and I was happy.

4 Likes

That mission outcome update is like justice to weaken exploitation, so I have to disagree.

maybe i’m using v130.1

2 Likes

Accumulator has been nerf, so sad :frowning: i will use overdrive again