Bug with Henlley's Comet!

(Sigh) Okay, summarizing your post, you mean that is the player’s fault, right?

Yes it is.

I just hope @InterAction_studios notice this situation and tell if it’s a bug or not.

I call bollocks. The Yolk-Star™’s lasers are still possible to avoid while dodging terminators. It’s is not an unavoidable death scenario. This is.

Furthermore, I’m pretty sure that this is the only boss in the game that actually has this problem.

7 Likes

Couldn’t these forums be a little more calm?

9 Likes

Tecnically the alien mothership can create sometimes unvoidable scenarios

Still… The comet needs a fix

11 Likes

This is a Joke right? Are you guys playing a game for a first time, or you really cant understand the boss fights with many phases and transitions during this phases? On every singel boss in CIU, you can force such a situation, to be surrounded from projektils/eggs/lassers boss movement etc etc etc. That’s not a bug it calls a boss fight mechanics. Execute the transition phase right and you will never have such a situation on any boss. Shoot like mad without checking boss % and on some easy bosses when you can shoot them fast from 0%-90% you can create such a situations where he will spawn/shoot/move in short time all the thinks from the 3 Phases.

2 Likes

I agree that this might not be a bug, but still, the boss needs some reworking

8 Likes

That’s a bold claim you’re making here. Can you verify that it’s factual?

3 Likes

Hey hey hey.

Let’s all be smart and call it off here, okay?

8 Likes

Yeah, this fighting will get you nowhere

Jesus so may comments for something that only IA can decide on… It is not a bug but it is definitely not supposed to happen like that since there should always be a way out.

Anyway spam is bad but what’s even worse is insulting each other. Hope IA will just close the topic and move on.

3 Likes

The high amount of messages is probably because of Elfkiller’s drama

3 Likes
  • The boss will not ever swoop down during its last stage (>75%).
  • Rows of comets are spawned on a regular timer.
  • Any swoop that has already started cannot be cancelled.

If you put everything together, there is an edge case where the swoop starts at <75% and while it is in progress the boss goes >75% and attacks with a full comet row. In this case it is indeed possible to be trapped.

However, this can’t be easily fixed. You should just be mindful of the 75% mark to avoid these cases. Given that the boss only swoops in difficulties >100%, I think that’s a reasonable expectation.

12 Likes

I know that but the thing is when sometimes the boss is difficult it goes down every second, so there’s a big chance that I will be trapped, so what I meant is if it possible make the comet wall wait a little time until Henlley’s Comet goes up the screen, just like how it is in 25% and 50%.

You could just attack it as it goes up

5 Likes

Sometimes when it’s very difficult it attacks down a lot, so there’s a big chance that it will reach 75% damage while it’s down.

There’s only a 25% chance it will swoop. The other 75% is moving horizontally. But it’s random, so you might get several swoops in a row.

5 Likes

It’s not a “chance”, your attacks depend entirely on you and the damage is static, it does not vary in any way.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.