This topic is more so targeted at IA because I was really curious about a few things.
- What are your moderator standards?
It seems to me that you want to avoid promoting users to moderators altogether in here, is it because you think you can handle that work all by yourself or because you feel like you can’t rely on anyone else? Is there another reason, like for example no one here is suitable for this?
- What are your developer standards?
Some time ago I read that you were rather dissatisfied with the work of hired developers who helped you port CI games to mobile, why is that? Did you not like their programming style? Were you disappointed by their work as a whole, as in their overall performance? Did they take too long with simple tasks, or was their work really sloppy and lazily done?
I’m asking these questions because I want to put two really, really famous topics onto the table:
- Forum Moderators
Regardless of how capable Interaction is at moderating, he is a one-man army and he does all the important crap all by himself. Obviously, he needs breaks, and he does take them. The problem is that while he’s absent, bad quality posts reach a peak, or posts that break rules in one way or another. By the time someone reacts, the culprit would have caused more trouble (that’s a rather private/specific case, but sometimes it does happen).
I believe if IA explains his reasoning behind not promoting anyone so far would help us better understand what he wants from a moderator, thus letting someone improve such that they can get the role.
There are several game developers in this forum already (from what I know, I am one, so is qbus, not sure about galbatorix, and my friend Dawid who comes here from time to time. I think Vermishelb and Traveller can also code stuff). Perhaps it could be possible to let us follow a set of rules IA sets so that we can help release updates faster and catch bugs earlier on. I.e. simple bugs like forgetting to change a value (no hard feelings, this is just an example).
- The forum doesn’t need new moderators (explain why)
- The forum could have one more moderator (explain why)
- The forum needs a team of staff members (explain why)
- Volunteering is highly recommended by me (explain why)
- That’s not a good idea (explain why)
- Volunteering should be in the form of programming alone (explain why)
- Volunteering could include anything related to assets like textures and music (explain why)
- Volunteering could also include brief beta testing of builds before releasing them to catch obvious bugs (explain why)
@InterAction_studios Please take your time to carefully read through all posts and take them into consideration because they’re important, at least in my eyes. You’re also free to reject all ideas, but if that’s the case, please let us know why.