About moderation and development

Yeah, about that. So, you must obviously read every topic because of that right? So if someone makes an idea then the best way would be for you to reply with either “it won’t be possible” or “I need more time to think about it” or “it’s good, I will add it”. In the first case and last case you can (and should) close the topic because the discussion is already over and there’s nothing we can change about it. The same goes with bug reports. I’m still standing by my opinion that topics shouldn’t be closed after 14 days because some of them are still worthy of discussing.

Have you thought of changing the language or do you think it won’t help you with absolutely anything? I’m not talking about CIU, but maybe some future game. Like maybe totally a new IP. Who knows maybe you’ll find other language that won’t be so picky and you can work few times faster. You can even try other game engines, they are really good - Unity, Unreal Engine 4 (this however is better for 3D), Godot.

How can it be multi-threaded on DirectX 9.0? Even DirectX 11 doesn’t have actual multi threading support. They were designed to work on one core systems. The only good APIs today that have actual multi threading support (both in CPUs and GPUs) are Vulkan and DirectX 12.

So what tools do you use to make Chicken Invaders games? Like, what do you use as a IDE or as a modelling software?

5 Likes

Dude, you would know how hard is to change language even at small 1000 lines of code project. C++ is very flexable and IA have (probably) been developing on it for a very long time so they know it on pretty high level.
By the way, game engines like Unity have their own license which can cause problems.

5 Likes

Please read literally next sentence and then reply.

1 Like

I read it closely. Twice.

If you change the language you are using (even from the same family, like to C#), you need to learn the whole syntax from zero. C++ is not too picky btw. Supporting big projects on it is easier than on more simple languages. C#, for example, is good for fast prototypes but with a big project you will meet some problems. Of course, there are good and big projects on C# too but people who did those were learning it for ages.

UPD:

That’s exactly what I am talking about.

6 Likes

C# is super simple to pick up though, especially if you’ve started with web languages first. Have you seen Monogame? It’s a pretty good framework.

Besides qbus meant using another language in another game, not CI

1 Like

Yhym, aren’t you exaggerating a little?

No it’s not. It’s a very sturdy language and you need to remember about many things to make it work perfectly. C# is much more flexible than C++ and it’s a fact. It’s better at cross-platform, it has automated garbage collector.

Yeah, they a have massive experience so it wouldn’t be a problem for them.

What problems?
The only thing it changes is profit from games. Once you hit certain limit you must starting paying a cut.

Yeah, totally not picky. It’s so not picky to the point that Microsoft is planning to change all their software to Rust because C++ is known for memory leaks.

You will encounter problems on every language with big projects so I don’t know what you wanted to prove with this.

Team Cherry would like to disagree. Valve also would like to disagree.

1 Like

It requires deep thought to understand how it’s related to this thread unless you are a big Gandhi fan.
It does relate however and in very positive and civilized manner.

Not even my deepest existential philosophical thoughts can enlighten me on this matter, perhaps you can save us some precious time and explain it yourself?

My best guess is the fact I mentioned more frequent updates. In that case don’t forget we didn’t get updates for months at one point because IA was extremely tired and needed a break from all this work. Obviously he can’t release weekly updates all the time, you know?

Regardless, I was not complaining about the amount of content we’re getting and how fast we’re getting it. In fact I never complained about anything in this thread and I don’t think I have on this forum (on this matter at least). So the quote was not very necessary.

2 Likes

Well that’s not even in the ball park of the point I thought might be made.

Satisfaction lies in the effort,not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.
“InterAction_studios The Man” certainly has been at full effort for a very long time,therefore he is victorious! “the journey is just as important as the destination” sort of thing.
You also are applying effort to reach the destination therefore you also are victorious…
And I’m gonna shut on up with all this philosophical thought. Lol

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.