About Ironman Competition

Am I allowed to say “Bombers. Nuff said.” without getting my comment deleted?

3 Likes

I tried the mission with bomber, and it’s slightly harder than with the hatchling because of the bigger hitbox (despite the fact that it’s unaffected by the massive environment)

2 Likes

I can agree. but it does make me feel claustrophobia at times. :Д

1 Like

In my opinion, Ironman in its current place is: hard to master, hard to learn, easy to play

1 Like

I actually kind of doubt that. I’ve played a lot of 100% SSH missions, and in comparison of difficulty, it’s not much different other than bullets being shockingly fast, and with environments this time to really limit you.

…Until it becomes P2P. :'Д

my experience so far on ironman is:
C O W A R D S

2 Likes

Actually nevermind, it’s rant time. Why? I don’t know.

First things first. The cowards section. I don’t think that removing them altogether is a good idea considering the fact that it would result in a lot of challenge removed from the mission, but rather either a) The missions should have a restricted amount of cowards or b) A cowards rework, though that would be miles more time consuming and hard, but can affect the whole game positively if pulled off well. Also slowing down the overall bullet speed in the mission to at least 10-25% can also work well.

Part two, the environements. Not gonna lie, I’m actually fine with the environmental hazards but it looks too obvious that it’s just a placeholder solution for “hard”. I think the mission should have 2 randomly chosen environmental multiplier instead so it isn’t as obvious. Also there should be a feature in which a frozen environment can’t appear on hot and vice versa due to fairly obvious reasons.

And the third time’s a charm section, bullet speed. For this one, I think just reducing the speed by 10-25% sounds fair enough to me at least, so take this with a grain of salt as these are all personal opinions. Also something which hasn’t been touched on in the topic is the double bosses which I think is kind of unfair. A certain combination of bosses could make an already ridiculously unfair mission (yes, i used unfair) even more hard, especially considering that the zoom is limited in this mission. I think that the bosses should have slightly reduced health (say 5-17.5%) to balance it.

3 Likes

It’s unfair because of cowards obviously and some bosses need a more zoom-out like Sweater Chicken + Party Time at the 1st boss and 3rd boss too. Sweater Chicken is already a pain itself, I’m surprised it were included at Double Team. Some bosses are very easy like wave 50. Faster projectiles and lightning environments are hard at first, but we’ll get used to it soon. They’re just unfair at waves like corridor shooter & wheel of fortune.

1 Like

1-In my opinion, Coward should be in Ironman competition, but in waves which you can’t even move, it’s unfair. I only lost a life because of cowards, because I knew how to deal with them. (Neutral)

2-For me, it’s a sun mission with lightning. Also, you have time to dodge lightning, before it strikes. (Fair)

3-I have no idea about bullet speeds in normal waves (I’m ok in some waves and not in others), but the most annoying thing is Double Teams, especially with only %10 zoom-out (even with larger bosses), massive & electric environments and their fast bullets. At least it should be more zoomed-out, as what others suggested before me, if nothing gonna be changed about that. (Unfair)

Totally, I don’t know if it’s fair or not, but as the title says, it must be hard and the 1st place reward is not small. It’s 900 keys!

1 Like

Idk why not 1000 keys tho?

This is my question too. :confused: What about other top players?

The number of coward chicken is too much.

Yep, it’s cowards which are the main problem because they strict your freedom to choose your starting weapon, like really, I’m not a plasma main, but this mission forces me to use plasma in order to not trigger the cowards which will rain upon you if you use lightning fryer or position stream or even the plasma’s AOE because of their splitting/chaining that quickly triggers the cowards.

About the environmental effects: They’re okay for me, but the lightning strikes are just too much. especially when they block your way especially on tight waves like the corridor shooter, I died over 2 times because of that because toxics blocked my way too.

Double Teams: It’s unfair because of that little zoom-out for 2 bosses coming together, especially with Sweater Chicken & Party Chicken. I’d say either make their projectiles slower or just zoom-out more.

Bullet speed: I’m kinda undecided on this one though. But I won’t mind a little nerf to the speed and it would be better.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s properly “unfair”, but that’s not to say it couldn’t be much better, either. Cowards are bad, I think we all agree, and it makes weapon diversity skewed even more towards the weapon that’s already got the best balance of multi-kill/pecking order capabilities and is therefore best scoring.

tl;dr - We need to stop balancing things to Plasma. Plasma needs some weaknesses.

2 Likes

It’s uhh unfair, like I get it it’s “Ironman” (like real Ironman, it is like an entire course, having you to master all of the PE subjects),

• cowards: forcing you to use absolver, even absolver doesn’t do anything to these fast bois,
  • environments: fighting ptsd: fast paste bosses like crab 2.0, double ucho (not a threat), and especially corridor, OH GOD this wave is the hardest out of all of them, you have to focus, like a lot, toxics blocking your way while you’re trying to go to the next direction with lightning, and fast projectiles seems way too unfair
  • double team: zoom is needed, ofc
  • bullet speed: this only affects for bosses tho imo, crab 2.0 is an exception, it literally fires as fast as v.10.1’s and you have no way to dodge it bc you have to dodge like 7 things in a row

You mean plasma, right?

1 Like

who in their right mind would use absolver here

2 Likes

Merged with Ironman Discussion Topic.

3 Likes