⚠ Windows XP support removed in v.45

In the upcoming update (due sometime Friday, probably), Windows XP support has been removed. If you are one of the 6 recruits still using Windows XP, v.45 will NOT work on your computer.

This is a temporary measure to debug the lost profiles issue (yes, the very same one). If it’s solved, then Windows XP support will sadly be permanently removed. If not, then Windows XP support will return in v.46.

21 Likes

Sad, but thank god, i am running windows 10.

4 Likes

Interesting. So we can be closer to DirectX 11 port.

3 Likes

With windows 10 we Don’t have any problem! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Luckily for me I have windows 7&10 in the same computer :sunglasses:

1 Like

i have windows 10 hahaha

I dont know if we need post our windows

12 Likes

Guys, stop flooding the topic with short/repetitive posts, hearts exist

16 Likes

I’m curious to know how removing Windows XP support would resolve that though? It’s not that I’m against it, but this sounds like trying to open a can of fish with a ruler to me.

Is it because the game’s trying to translate data such that it can be decoded by XP+?

8 Likes

Why you all are so happy about having windows 10? That doesnt mean that people which use 7,8 or whatever non xp windows will not abe able to play the game?!

13 Likes

I don’t know why they are so happy about it. I don’t even think they should write about it here since the topic is not about windows 10. I don’t know.

(and yeah from the IA post you can only read that XP support was removed so it will work on newer than XP)

12 Likes

Well, I have Win. XP but, really matter?

What i have Win. XP dont count what the game go bad, but I don’t know why some people care that

It’s pretty good everyone in the replies has Windows 7/10.

2 Likes

Also:

2 Likes

Only if the lost profiles won’t be solved with v45

5 Likes

It’s a form of differential diagnosis. v.45 is compiled with a new compiler (LLVM), which doesn’t support Windows XP.

13 Likes

So it’s basically what I guessed.

I.e. whatever the new compiler is, it’s not supported by XP.

Thanks for the answer.

6 Likes

So… everyone’s talking about which windows they have (I’m Win7 myself) but what I’m curious is as to who actually has XP and will be affected by this change.

That’s an amazing metaphor and I love it.

10 Likes