"Steam must be running to play this game" error

I’m seeing a significant number of “Steam must be running to play this game” errors in my logs. This is very odd, because when clicking on the game’s desktop shortcut, Steam should automatically start even if it’s not running at that time.

Has anyone ever encountered this error? What did you do to ‘fix’ it?

P.S. Speaking of logs, I also have 3260 entries of individual people trying to cheat their keys. So, uh, that’s apparently a popular pastime.

13 Likes

reinstalled the game

3 Likes

I just reinstalled it

3 Likes

Reinstalled

3 Likes

i play on standalone lol

2 Likes

May it be related to that “friends currently playing” duplication bug?

seems fine to me
i only opened through shortcut

I see a bug, only when the player play any mission and close the game (not by clicking disconnect", after that, this bug will appear)
Edit : I tried disconnecting the mission and exiting the game this error happens again

And that have me in there 3-5 times

if +3k tries of trying to hack in keys , can you tell us how many players tried it?

That sounds excessive. Did any of you try it more than once before reinstalling?

5 Likes

I tried to open the game like 5 times, even restarting Steam. Only thing that worked was reinstalling the game

2 Likes

Do they run the game on steam itself, or just click the shortcut?

i once encountered this error and the first thing I do is restart the game and it just simply work O_o

Got it yesterday, I ignored it and then the game froze, had to restart the app, luckily it went normal again

how many recruits are there, btw?

go to the league leader borads and go to last place

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.