πŸš€ Spacecraft Showcase 2122

Hooray, I found my heroes :slight_smile:

My uploads were .PNGs, but I see Discourse has decided to (a) resize them from 3840x3480 to 1920x1920 and (b) encode them as .JPGs :angry:

3 Likes

Can’t belive I’m in top 50!

Also my ships are in the first image!

Apparently only on the forum the quality drops and the format changes. Noticed this many times.

Ah, there they are, near the bottom of Part 5:

White Death, Demise and Doom, Mk. IV Liberator, M-CIV Eggbeater, Black Death, Smissmas Spirit Mk. IV, I, and III, Black Demise, Spirit Mk. II, M-CIII Avenger and Black Doom. Phew!

You can send 4k screenshots in private messages, but not more than 8 mb each (separately).

that isnt really 4k then

1 Like

incorrect
compression is everywhere

2 Likes

Part 4

and rip my old account in spacecraft showcase 2021

1 Like

In a Word document or Power Point will not work either?

i mean on the internet

1 Like

if you post something the quality gets worse and if someone reposts it gets even worse

Part 2

GSV3, GS9L, CFM2

1 Like

I don’t know, I checked it myself, I sent the picture to private messages 4k, it doesn’t compress anything if it is no more than 8 mb and opened the original.

This is to blame: Faster (and smaller) uploads in Discourse with Rust, WebAssembly and MozJPEG

It claims that any upload below 4MB will not get re-encoded, however when I upload a 3840x3840 .JPG which is only 2.5MB, it still gets resized to 1920x1920

2 Likes

are you able to upload the files elsewhere (maybe even chickeninvaders.com) so that it doesn’t get compressed?

2 Likes

i’m in part 4

You can also try on the wiki, there seems to be no compression there?

Original files:

11 Likes

My 3 spacecraft are in this picture, the ones with rainbow trails!

5 Likes