Some balancing suggestions for the Heavy Bombers

The “Heavy Bombers” are a double edged-sword to say the least, only with the edge that’s pointing toward yourself being sharper than the edge pointing to the chickens. They offer increased firepower / over all damage output by roughly 50%, the trade-off is the increased mass results in over 4x less maneuverability and a larger hitbox meaning on difficulties 80% or higher result in projectiles even even some bosses themselves move swifter than you can dodge.

In my opinion, the following changes would be a nice addition to these glass cannons (please note that since the only Heavy Bomber I’ve owned was the BX-9 so perhaps a few of my perceptions may need to be corrected):

• Uncommon / Rare / Legendary variants should increase maneuverability by 1 m/s² / 2 m/s² / 3 m/s² to each Bomber’s base maneuverability respectively

(Considering the BX-6 has over double the maneuverability stats of the BX-9 perhaps the increase should be lessened for lighter Bombers)

• “Firepower Extender” should allow the BX-9 to reach the absolute maximum damage output possible in the same time frame as other Bomber’s reach their maximum power, which is :zap:26.

(i.e upon reaching max level, the center projectile of the Utensil Porker remains at the stranded fork outputting 300 damage, where as the rest are “Carving Forks” outputting 450 damage, a rather small decrease under these circumstances, but for weapons such as the Neutron gun, where 4 of the projectiles even at max level remain at :zap:2 where as for other ships max power results in all projectiles reaching :zap:3, the BX-9 reaching “Max Power” should upgrade every projectile being it’s highest level)

• Heavy Bomber’s regardless of the power should always have a base increase in damage output of 50% over other spacecraft

(i.e at some :zap:levels the Heavy Bomber’s maximum damage output is either lower than that of other spacecraft or does not achieve the 50% increase stated, i.e. the Utensil Porker @ :zap:8 outputs 4 standard forks & 1 carving fork vs. other spacecraft which output 3 carving forks & 2 standard forks resulting in 1650 vs. 1950 max damage respectively)

Let me know what you all think.

5 Likes

No,it doesn’t, there are 2 carved forks on top of each other. This happens with the bomber very often. Keep that in mind.

How would that work when they have different amounts of power levels?

No,it doesn’t, there are 2 carved forks on top of each other. This happens with the bomber very often. Keep that in mind.

I didn’t know that, thanks for the input, however that was merely an example as there are certain weapons in which the Heavy Bomber achieves less damage than other spacecraft at specific power levels.

How would that work when they have different amounts of power levels?

Simply put; the Heavy Bomber should always maintain a base minimum of 50% damage output over the other spacecraft, the only time in which the Heavy Bomber’s continuously upgrade in comparison to when the other’s don’t is between :zap: 10 to :zap: 20 & :zap: 21 to :zap: 26. The first ten powers are also at different levels for other spacecraft.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.