Share your Chicken invaders Fun facts here

fun fact: super secret ci2 10 levels which is totally not a hoax!!11!!11

Can I add that Henterprise was (according to the wiki) planned to be in the place of the planetary egg city? This may can justify the easyness of this boss (The city):
It has been programmed at an almost finished work!

1 Like

It’s the most likely scenario, not a confirmed one.

3 Likes

In various promotional pictures of Chicken Invaders 4: Easter Edition, there was a blue Easter Bunny
(probably a reskin for one of the bosses). However, I never really saw this boss in-game, and supposedly, it may have never been added to the game, but who knows?

QhQnILYGmmOW

Nah, it only appeared in every other download, ſo 50% of the people who bought the game got to fight it and the reſt did without.

It did?

Wow, I didn’t notice that.

BTW, @Traveller, how did you know that?

I was juſt reſponding ſarcaſtically to a poor choice of words.

The M-404 PI Heroes Academy Fighter is based off a real-life invention by a man named Paul Moller.
The M-400 SkyCar was said to be a futuristic method of transportation. The four pods were used as propulsion rather than weaponry.
M400%20SkyCar%201

9 Likes

I like reading these! Keep them goin’.

1 Like

CI2 has no line of dialogue whatsoever. CI, CI3, CI4, and CI5 all have at least a single line of dialogue.

3 Likes

Story behind this screenshot:

CI3 was (and still remains to this day) the most technically revolutionary episode in the series. There was a jump from strictly rectangular 2D blitted bitmaps to fully blended/rotated/scaled/tinted/deformed 3D textures, an increase in resolution from 640x480 to 800x600, a switch to fully orchestral soundtrack and, perhaps most impressively, the capability of playing multiplayer games over LAN or internet. This was a hot feature and not something that a lot of games offered back in 2006, so the screenshots leaned heavily towards showcasing it (hence the 4-player screenshot above).

CI3 was initially only available on the IA website, but the next few years saw the rise of aggregator/publisher websites like Real Arcade, Game House, Big Fish Games etc., and it wasn’t long before CI3 appeared on those websites as well.

There was a problem, though. The multiplayer functionality wasn’t compatible with those sites for a combination of business reasons (e.g. a no-network-traffic policy on their part) and technical reasons (matchmaking servers could only handle accounts created on the IA website). So, for one reason or another, multiplayer was removed from those versions.

To avoid confusing and misleading players, the art assets supplied to those websites also needed to avoid showing multiplayer. Sometimes this was achieved by using single-player screenshots, and other times through doctoring of existing multiplayer screenshots so as to remove evidence of multiple players (also consider that this was during a time where creating new screenshots was not as straightforward and streamlined as it is today – a story for another day).

And this brings us to the punchline: This screenshot is in fact a two-player game retroactively made to look like a single-player game. The screen contents have been shifted right to hide the second player (whose Plasma Rifle can still barely be seen). The reason the rifle wasn’t completely hidden is (most likely) that the shift needed would make the empty space on the left side too large and unbalanced.

So now you know™.

18 Likes

I could also add this one:
You can directly take a screenshot from the game by pressing “F9”. It’s on a bitmap (.bmp) format and saved on the InteractionStudios folder at ProgramData.

Also applies on previous games.

2 Likes

Another fun fact: The show em who’s boss form ROTY were remastered back in 2010 not 2018. On show em who’s boss fight, the same big chickens with random colors from chicken multiplicity comes but wih small eggs. However everyone know this…

1 Like

Chicken invaders 4 has the most music tracks than any other episodes except ciu ofc.

7 Fun facts regarding final bosses:

1)Egg cannon is the only final boss that you don’t fight in the sun (Near the Earth orbit)

2)In addition to that It is the only non-yolky boss (is the only final boss that hasn’t a giant yolk or a sentient yolk)

3)You encounter the yolk star only in the final mission (wave 120 of ci3) while all the others final bosses are seen in other waves before (egg cannon in wave 30 of ci4 before launching the mother hen ship)

4)Egg cannon is the only boss that doesn’t have different phases but is the only one that has a procedural pattern

5)Mother hen ship in ci2 is the only final boss (excluding yolk star because is encountered only once) that has the same initial pattern and behavior (Henterprise after the big laser has different patterns according to wave and in “Bodly goes whenever it pleases” she approaches you from the side)

6)According to the point 3 the yolk star is the only final boss that doesn’t retreat

Everyone knows at this point that but I point this here anyway

1 Like
  1. Egg cannon doesen’t have procedural pattern.
1 Like

I’ve never ſeen the Henterpriſe’s yolk…

There you go! Its clearly visible!

3 Likes

Oh. I figured that was juſt a navigation light. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like