Refund Hunter License

I hope to at least receive an answer from the dev team… before this thread is forced shut.

website really needs a ticketing system for support. its ugly when done on a forum.

1 Like

Unfortunately the production team for this game is not big enough to make customer support their top priority yet, other than taking player’s suggestions directly from here. It’s their (in fact, his) first online game ever made. Also, I don’t think it is the developer’s responsibility to refund you just because you buy something without carefully reading the description.

1 Like

This is just overall a bad take for pretty obvious reasons. Yeah, maybe it’s on the customer for not doing research into what they’re buying. But when multiple people (see: Steam forums) want to refund a product, something must be wrong with the product itself. (And I still stand by my statement that currently, the CHL just isn’t worth it)

8 Likes

Kinda funny that paying for chl gives you access to a game mode where you have to spend even more keys than anywhere else if you want to stand a chance(cough cough ironman)

3 Likes

I completely agree, but if you happen to have 250K keys it’s a pretty fun mode

3 Likes

I actually am fine with the key purchases, they didn’t affect things as much as I thought they would; challenges are still skill based for the most part. CHL though… it needs more features before I’d pay for it, it’s largely minor convenience features for the most part, and I’m personally not interested in Ironyman

1 Like

And this is the issue. It’s not just convenience. For getting chl, you gain access to a mission that just makes you use even more keys than normal. That’s very far from convenience

3 Likes

I meant features like “more favorite slots” and other stuff like that which are advertised as benefits of CHL, which in my opinion is pretty ehhh, you wouldn’t pay 5 bucks just to be able to save slightly more missions. CHL should have something more appealing to all skill levels if it can be considered purchaseable. Besides, one isn’t obligated to fly Ironman. Having access to Ironman doesn’t really fall under the category of inconvenience, it just isn’t all that appealing if you’re a more casual player. Besides, let’s face it: the only real incentive to do Ironman at all is for the leaderboard bragging rights. Otherwise it’s just… there, I guess. Double Teams suffer from the same problem: too much skill is required for them to be appreciated by all players. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely think they should remain CHL exclusive, but CHL needs more to it that isn’t existing content gated off (ahem M408)

4 Likes

Of course, chl certainly is lacking. I was just pointing out that one of its features makes you grind even more if you do decide to play it, which makes no sense but whatever. I guess that’s more so the fault of ironman being unbalanced, but you get my point. Either way, I fully agree

4 Likes

it’s made to be a mobile game what did you expect lol

2 Likes

i just want my refund goddam it… and there is no way to get someone with the capability to help me with this than to get the attention of the dev themselves. and there is no way to contact the devs directly other than posting on the forums because they don’t have a proper support procedure.

Ask IA via messaging. He might help you.

There’s sadly currently no way to refund Steam purchases. I don’t mean this as a matter of policy – I mean this literally: there’s no code written to support this anywhere in the game.

If your purchase was on the website, I could perhaps manually refund it, but Steam does not provide developers with a web interface for refunds.

The best I can do is offer you free Steam codes for any of the other Chicken Invaders games – are you missing any of them?

Hopefully this will be a satisfactory resolution to your request – I apologize that I can’t be of more help.

18 Likes

Also, can you release other iA games such as Island Wars 2, Loco, Piggly and Smileyville on Steam?

1 Like

I think that was already explained. These games are pretty old and don’t fit modern requirements (mainly 16:9 ratio monitors being way more common nowadays), so in order to release these in Steam they would’ve had to be updated and probably moved to a newer engine. Even CI3 suffers from this while being updated to meet the requirements.

1 Like

Also, these games aren’t nearly popular enough to warrant the cost (time,money, or engineering effort) of bringing them to Steam. Not to mention that Steam now requires $100 for each game submission, which makes matters even worse.

6 Likes

What does that mean? Would it be easier to add?

How is local multiplayer online multiplayer?

What do you mean?

It means the actual amount of ci games with online multiplayer is 3.