Post your Chicken Invaders artwork!

It’s ok, I’m just joking with the mistake, I still understand the meaning though

1 Like

I have the opportunity

6 Likes

Finally true art

4 Likes

Golden weapons and space craft

7 Likes

Golden ions look like popcorn

2 Likes

Welp, here I go again…

1. Photon Swarm: It looks decent, but there are 2 different colors for each type of particle, the weak one and the strong one. By default, the weak projectile is light blue and the strong one is orange-yellow. By making all of them yellow, it would be a lot more boring with just a single color. 4/10

2. Laser Cannon: I get that this is more of a true yellow rather than the orange-yellow color scheme of the original Laser cannon, but frankly I prefer the latter as this recolor makes it look very bland IMO. 3/10 and yes this means I prefer Solar’s white laser over this laser color since Solar’s laser recoloration is at least somewhat pleasing to the eye.

3. Boron Railgun: I presume that the one in the first picture is for low heat appearance and the one on the last picture is for high heat appearance. Well, this just means that there’s a narrower range of colors when transitioning from low heat to high heat since you go from orange to yellow, instead of red to yellow-white. 3/10

4. Neutron Gun: Once again, two pictures and this time there’s no excuse for two images. The two Neutron Gun examples have different shades of yellow. The one in the first picture is too pale to be considered golden, while the one in the last picture is too intense and just looks like bright yellow instead of gold. If the saturation was changed to the point where it’s right between these two color intensities and the hue was altered to shift slightly towards the reddish hue, it might look good but for now, they both get 3/10.

5. Lightning Fryer: The best looking reskin you’ve made. However I can see a small cut in the middle lightning bolt which just screams of unprofessionalism. 6.5/10

6. Positron Stream: THAT IS UGLY! I’ve seen worse reskins, thanks to Solar, but this is still not good. instead of the gold color scheme that you were trying to achieve, you achieved a color scheme of bubblegum pink, which I really do not like. 1/10 Just because Solar’s Sewer Positron abomination exists.

7. Vulcan Chaingun: Like the positron, it looks pink instead of gold or yellow. It looks a little better than the Positron reskin since the pink isn’t as intense, but still, you could do a lot better than this. 2/10

8. Absolver Beam: Like with the Laser Cannon, I prefer Solar’s white absolver over the yellow absolver for reasons I’ve already stated. 4/10, slightly better looking than the laser reskin.

9. Moron Railgun: Now this is pure assumption here, but if the ninth image is indeed Moron Railgun, then this is another fail since you’ll now have trouble differentiating the Moron Railgun from Boron Railgun. 2/10

10. Utensil Poker: Yet another failed attempt at making the famed Golden Forks. It looks way too white to actually be considered golden. I’m having trouble deciding whether your forks are better or worse than Solar’s rendition, but either way, it’s pretty bad. 2/10

11. Corn Shotgun: Making the Corn kernels pure yellow really takes away from the weapon’s personality. I know that the corn shotgun’s design isn’t for everyone, but I can pretty confidently bet that most would prefer the original over this reskin. 1.5/10

12. Ion Blaster: In a move of irony, Ion now looks a lot like the original Corn Shotgun, and man that looks UGLY. Once again, I can’t call your Ion reskin the worst since Solar’s dark green Ion Blaster exists, but still 1.1/10.

For those of you wondering about Solar’s reskins, Weapon's skin after the bonus: "Max Power!"

So overall, most of these weapon and spaceship skins are look like assets from the CI wiki having a translucent yellow layer above them as evident by the Positron and Vulcan reskins which don’t even look yellow.
There’s more to making weapons look like gold than just giving them a yellow tint.
I give your efforts a 1.1/10

3 Likes

If that was made 20 years ago and had that resolution, it wouldn’t be like that. I will make it.

Screenshot_1 Screenshot_2 Screenshot_3 Screenshot_4 Screenshot_5Screenshot_6 Screenshot_7 Screenshot_8

CIU Custom BG

18 Likes

Nice, you did it once i told you to make them, good job man for the hard work. :+1:

2 Likes

That one’s funny.

2 Likes

This looks nice! Are you gonna use this as your pfp?

1 Like

Just wanted to share it

1 Like

That’s still nice, I was just asking

1 Like

sigh
No, putting backgrounds and slapping random filters is not art.

3 Likes

As you share background images, I’ll share the one I made for unfinished fan game. Is made out of 8 parallax layers. Wanted to make gif but crashed website instead poppo

9 Likes

I know that the background images you posted is just one picture multiplied and stuck together, and by filters, I mean blur, contrast, etc.

Yes, because the rest were just cut from the full background and had filters with them, and that’s it. Because seriously, no one can make high quality space backgrounds in such a short span of time legit.

Even still, it’d take at least a month to make those quality of backgrounds. Also:
Image 1: CI3 background portion but rougher.
Image 2: Also CI3 background, but smoother.
Image 3: CI4 background but rougher.
Image 4: Same as Image 1.
Image 5: Ditto.
Image 6: Image 3.
Image 7: Blatant cut. Also CIU background.

Which is best?

• Chickeninvaders45
  • Joo_company
  • Both good
  • Both bad
0 voters

Total votes :

• joo_company = 7
  • chickeninvader45 = 23
  • votes that doesn’t liked both = 0
  • votes that liked both = 5
  • voters that liked just one of them = 20