Play in Steam has data loss?

I have been playing CIU for a while by email, can I play on Steam without any data loss?

Yes, if you link your account to it.

1 Like

Steam version automatically updates it so you don’t have to worry about backing up your data

I have to use same email?

yes­­

I wouldn’t be so sure. The way the Steam version works is similar to regular one except for the save path. If saves keep corrupting from time to time, it can still happen even in Steam.

2 Likes

If your game account has an e-mail associated with it, then you don’t have to worry about data loss (this is true for both the stand-alone and the Steam version of the game)

If you don’t have an e-mail associated with your game account, then the risk is smaller on Steam (because Steam keeps a copy on the cloud), however as @VerMishelb noted there are still scenarios where you can lose your data (for example, if the local copy gets corrupted and then gets uploaded to the cloud, then both copies will be bad).

Officially, entering an e-mail is highly recommended. Your e-mail is only used to recover your account – we never send any spam to it.

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.