**NEW WEAPON** Discussion Topic: Absolver Beam

Uploaded the short footage I talked about. (unfortunately not in a bomber)

You have to actually complete the supernova first, though…

There are quite distinct audio cues for each charge level, even though the visual gives basically no indication. So play with headphones if you’re using it, I guess…? :joy:

There is a tone down effects option that should disable this.

The only other thing to consider is, of course, that it destroys certain projectiles - so DPS isn’t the only factor to consider. But I agree that’s not enough in it’s current state.

I’d like to second third this.

===

So I think we can all agree after some more gameplay that the weapon isn’t really viable for most situations. The low (per-target) DPS invalidates it for a bunch of otherwise easily-beaten situations. Right now it’s kind of a patience weapon where you are less vulnerable to taking damage but also dealing, on average, waaay less than usual. And it’s terrible for any kind of chase/storm situation.

Personally, I’d like to see the damage at max charge increased by a considerable amount - taking out most enemy types in one or two hits (and actually properly eliminating supernova debris at max charge).
High-health individual targets are currently it’s #1 weakness and need to be addressed.

But, all that said, it also has a few spot cases where it’s awkward balance pays off (thanks @OneWingLunarian):

kay that’s not really an actual practical situation but still

2 Likes

“Alien gun is very cool”!

3 Likes

It’s look just like the Railgun.

Wait all shields to go in a line
pew

Actually if they’re slightly offset, you can hit two at once. :wink:

I meant the boss rush, not supernova…

Well you definitely don’t bring absolver to a boss rush (unless you’re just playing with it).

On Another Note: Ditch your absolver asap if you see “Caught by Surprise” in your wave insights…

1 Like

I had a great time with that on a bomber, but I died when I failed to avoid a projectile.

One apple core vs big boi laser
(also more in the video)

This weapon should be a temporary weapon instead, which means collecting Absolver Beam weapon instantly activates the weapon as if when max charged (destroying projectiles), after that immediately return to your old weapon.

2 Likes

It’s better if there is a 10-second counter instead when using beam. It’s like Super Star from Mario

That weapon resembles Kamehame-Ha from Dragonball series.

Everyone said this, i think

I’ve tested the weapon out, it’s useful for waves that have columns of Chickens such as “Three-Stroke Engine”. I’ve even used it against CI4’s Mother-Hen Ship and didn’t lose any lives, all that was required was patience and a look at the heat meter.
(EDIT) Used it again, but against the Party Chicken in Brothers Reunited. A bit slow, but at least patience still got the better hand of me.
Conclusion: I love the weapon, but I can’t use it forever. Its effect reminds me of Astropop.

If you think for a moment, the weapon does have a huge problem in the 120th Anniversary mission. As a person who got into the top 1 in the recent leaderboard just yesterday, the Absolver Beam really does a harsh deal on waves ending with 7. The first few ones like 7, 17, 27 are fine, but if you go into the second half of the mission, you have to shoot them in a way that kills them, and since they’re more in rows than in columns, it’s extremely difficult. This is among the only situations where you’d be better off changing the weapon to something that spreads, like the Ion Cannon or the almighty Utensil Poker. This is actually the main reason why I love this weapon, but I can’t use it the entire time.

1 Like

If bullet expanders affect this weapon, I wonder how wide does the beam get with 10 of them on max charge?

I tend to think they wouldn’t, but I’d love to be wrong.

well they dont

2 Likes

A bit off-topic but,
Personally, I just try to stick to this:

So just don’t overdo it.