🚀 New spacecraft family (poll)

This is more of a human interaction rather than automatically taken actions, I’m not expecting the game to spam me lighting presents if I need it. This would just leave the possibility for the player to not entirely lose some liberty.

Edited: replaced comma by period.

I like the charge/discharge mechanic since it seems like a new thing, dual weapon sounds ok but not as interesting.

On my opinion there is a few things to be considered.

That would ruin chasing of Pecking order

So what it would be the secondary weapon at the beginning of the mission or there will be none until the first gift. The primary weapon can be mounted with upgraded firepower. So at what firepower the secondary weapon would appears? If it’s 1, it would make it impossible to upgrade the main weapon until they’re level. May be it would be better to be up to the player which weapon to upgrade. For example grabbing the Atom with the front end of the spacecraft will upgrade the primary weapon, if with the rear end the secondary one. Also would both weapons share the same overheat gauge?

I often play by clicking repeatedly (usually when I am after some Pecking order and try to be precise). So I would release the charge without wanting to.

I feel like the design of the ship kinda pretty great which it reminds me of an ship from dodonpachi series where you could start with the ship and protect them with the enemies that it had and also, i’d prefer dual weapons which it’s to combine the same or different weapons most likely at the same time in the bullet item that it would better balanced with the overheat (if you using an lower or other heatsink to the enemies expert to the higher one) to higher price instead bring the charge it’s still impossible with the weapons if that’s not the problem.

1 Like

How can we use Absolver Beam with spamming weapons if the dual weapon was chosen, @InterAction_studios ?

2 Likes

Being able to use two weapons simultaneously would be a mess, especially (almost) every weapon have different firing rates/overeat time.

Being able to swap two different weapons in trade-off of no max power would be a nice alternative.

They do have bonus key multiplier as well, right?

1 Like

only H&C has the bonus key multiplier

1 Like

if enemies give charge when hurt, would bosses give the same amount of charge of what the normal chicken gave? or does it depend on how much HP they have (higher the HP,less charge given out)

1 Like

Dual weapons is going to weird to say the least, especially with charging weapons like Absolver Beam. It does offer multiple weapon combos and it would be fun experimenting with such combos. 7/10

Environmental resistance is a niche advantage over regular ships that is nullified by the fact that most missions don’t have environmental effects. Also being able to tank only one lightning strike is kinda underwhelming even for an environmentally resistant ship. Being able to tank a lightning strike once per stage seems more impressive and worthwhile. 4/10

(On an unrelated note, can we please give up the policy of making environmental effects detrimental only? I agree with Enhawk that environment effects should have pros and cons instead of being only cons. He already gave an example of frozen environment making weapons cool down faster and it is indeed more interesting than just a vision obscurer.)

Charge/Discharge is a mechanic that could vary wildly depending on what waves the player encounters. I am concerned about the inability to interrupt weapon discharge since shots will be wasted, decreasing the chances of getting the Marksmanship medal. It might also be very difficult getting multikill since overdrive is not conveniently accessible and chickens are too tanky in high difficulty missions for most weapons to reliably multikill. So the general firerate might need to be increased. 5/10

7 Likes

What about an ability that makes it so your shots are fired like they had 2 bullet spray expanders when fired normally, but like they had 2 bullet spray condensers when double tapped? (like overdrive)

Basically, an unfocused fire, and a focused fire option.

Trade-off: You have no overdrive, but your overall firerate is increased by 15 - 25% to help make up for it.

2 Likes

Hmm, I had a similar solution, albeit at the form of variable weapon spread that is unlocked only when triple tapping. If you use the weapon normally or with double tap, the spread will repeat that of the previous weapon volley, this only applies to weapons with multiple projectiles so plasma rifle, positron stream and absolver beam are out of the mix unless the ship also features multi-weapon pylons.

triple tapping seems very easy to confuse or break though

perhaps just the condenser/expander way will be much simpler

The new spacecraft will have grades like “uncommon, rare, and legendary”?

2 Likes

since environment immunity has electric evade i’ll support it i guess

Great,a new spaceship.I have a lot of patience waiting the next update.

3 Likes

So, when will the poll be over?

How about each of the three features being on a different spacecraft
meaning each spacecrafts has one of the three advantages

1 Like

Could be the case if enough players demand all three abilities. iA may be hiding the designs for other spacecraft, after all the current VF-76 Raven’s design is only a teaser.

3 Likes

dual weapons,cool

This will be annoying when you dare or if you use absolver beam