There’s already multiple suggestions for a wingman. And here’s would be my take on it—as a mountable item.
- Upon activation, a pair of ships will be deployed as reinforcements to help the player. They’ll appear from the back, in respective of where your spaceship is facing.
- Activating it again while on effect resets the duration, like other consumables.
- Ship class will be the same as the player’s. If your current ship’s BX-9, then the reinforcements’ ship will be BX-9.
- Reinforcements use the customization options of nearby ships in the galaxy menu or any in your contacts list. If ever there is none, default customization will be used.
- Reinforcements will leave you either upon expiry of the consumable or whenever you crashed. They will slowly accelerate themselves forward.
- Reinforcements doesn’t follow you instantaneously, instead they’ll use their speed stats as if they were on a massive environment. Also using the normal rarity ones.
- Reinforcements will only fire if ever you fire. If you happen to overheat, then they will stay idle. Assume that the deployed ships have their own coolant canister.
- Power level of the reinforcements’ ship will always be 8 (max level when starting a mission), even if you collect gifts/atomic energy. Although, they will use the same weapon as yours, even if you get another one.
Feedbacks and suggestions are appreciated.