My two new weapons ideas

I have two new weapons ideas.

The first weapon is called “Folding Ray”. It is basically the ray of the mysterious ship but cyan and it’s also more expanded, just like a folding. The idea is that the closer you are, the more damage you do, but you also have far less range, while the more distant you’re, the more range you have, but you also do far less damage, and the ray also gets whiter to indicate that. It is a consistent stream weapon, like the Lightning Fryer, Plasma Rifle and Positron Stream, but unlike those, this one covers a wide area instead of focusing on one target at a time. It has a decent hit rate per second, so that is still balanced. The more fire power you get, the wider the ray become, and the damage gets increased, as always. All things considered, this could really be a cool weapon.

The second weapon is called “Atomic Swingshot”. It is a manual fire weapon, like the Neutron Gun and the Ion Blaster. This one shoot atoms looking spheres of energy that follow a zig-zag trajectory; the trajectory is basically like the ray of the Folding Ray, so it gets wider the more distant you are, but unlike the Folding Ray, the damage remains consistent and doesn’t increase the closer you are. The fire power increase the size of the atoms and range of the trajectory, as well as the damage, of course. The damage is a bit less than the Neutron Gun, and it could be very unreliable to use against small single enemies, but with larger enemies and waves of great amount of enemies it could be pretty useful.

Of course they don’t have to be exactly how I shown them here, I just gave the concept, but anything can be changed. I think they could be two interesting weapons.

30 Likes

This sounds like a good idea, very fresh, very nice.

4 Likes

the only weapon idea that is not a copy of an existing weapon.
very original!1!11!11!11
10/10

6 Likes

I would only change the colors of the weapon gifts because they are similar to the Plasma Rifle and Lightning Fryer, but either way it’s a pretty cool idea.

2 Likes

I actually used the original Lightning Fryer gift from CI3 because it already had the colors I was looking forward, since the one in CIU is basically the same but more saturated. If anything, I think the Lightning Fryer one should be changed to something like light blue and white stripes to much the color of the weapon better. As for the Plasma Rifle, I think they differentiate each one enough to, since is all bright pink and the other one is pink and white. It’s honestly pretty hard to come up with new combinations of colors for the gifts since there a lot of combinations with almost all the colors already. This is personally how conceived the colors for these two weapons, but as I said, anything can be changed if you want.

1 Like

Outstanding! That would be awesome idea,although I excited about this new weapon.

But how takes more days to make new weapon? Even if IA can agree with that suggestion,hopefully.

1 Like

Two questions:

1. Does the folding ray shoot like laser cannon or charge like absolver?

2. Does the atomic swingshot chain to enemies near it electrically, or work only on direct contact? Asking because it resembles a similar weapon in Star Defenders.

1 Like

Like I said, the Folding Ray is a consistent stream weapon, meaning that the ray will keep being active as long as you keep holding the fire button, just like the Lightning Fryer, Plasma Rifle and Positron Stream. That’s also why I said it has a kinda slow hit rate compared to the other consistent stream weapons, because it covers a wide area in a consistent way, so by having a slow hit rate it would hit enemies just like any other weapon with manual fire, so that is still balanced.

As for the Atomic Swingshot, the way that I conceived the weapon is that it doesn’t attach to enemies like all the consistent stream weapons (except the Folding Ray), however, given it has an unreliable precision due to the zig-zag trajectory that the atoms follows, it won’t be bad if the atoms would attach to the enemies nearby, as I think it would make the weapon much more reliable and precise.

2 Likes

I really hope folding ray gets added, we need more close range weapons

1 Like

Sounds great.I hope that IA add that 2 new weapons to CIU.

1 Like

Nice weapon. But how could this weapon balanced with Absolver beam, a weapon that can damage enemies in an area too?

So this weapon is using Bullets to shoot, not the Lazers?
If yes, that will be too hard to shoot the enemies correctly (for understandable, this means it’s very hard to use this weapon). And… uh wait, how many “atoms” can be shot each time?

2 Likes

Nice weapon. But how could this weapon balanced with Absolver beam, a weapon that can damage enemies in an area too?

The feature of damaging multiple enemies in an area is literally the only thing that the Folding Ray and the Absolver Beam have in common, nothing else. The Absolver Beam shoot only once, while the Folding Ray is a consistent stream weapon, so it keeps damaging has long as you keep holding the fire button, however to balance this, the hit rate of wich the ray keep damaging the enemies in the area is kinda slow. Perhaps the hit rate could also be just a bit faster the closer you are, but it would need to be tested to be sure on how to balance it correctly.

So this weapon is using Bullets to shoot, not the Lazers?
If yes, that will be too hard to shoot the enemies correctly (for understandable, this means it’s very hard to use this weapon). And… uh wait, how many “atoms” can be shot each time?

There can be as many atoms on screen as much as you’re able to mush the fire button; there isn’t any limit. Also the atmos gets bigger the more fire power you get. And yes, I know it’s kinda imprecise, but some comments made me thinking on a better rework of the weapon, so hear me out.

What if instead of normal weapon that shoots atoms in a zig-zag trajectory the atoms are just “homming type”, wich means they attach to enemies like the Lightning Fryer, Plasma Rifle and Positron Stream. This would be innovating because it would basically be manual fire weapon like the Neutron Gun and the Ion Blaster, but it’s projectiles attach to enemies like the consistent stream weapons. That would improve the usability of the weapon, make it original and also much more easier to implement.

1 Like

If you shoot by using it, you already hit the target, your spaceship will shoot only 1 lazer like how Absolver Beam work (in an area).

So this is similar to Photon Swarm from CI4 and CIU

1 Like

Photon in CI4 follows straightline trajectory after zigzagging.

3 Likes

With the hit rate I ment the amount of time the ray keep damaging the enemies that are in the ray’s trajectory.

Oh… right, I forgot about that for some reasons. Also the Photon Swarm wasn’t “homming type” in CI4 and CI5, only in CIU it is, but still, the weapon already have that functionality, so never mind; I’ll stick with my inital idea for the Atomic Swingshot.

1 Like

Best and epik weapons ! I like it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.