Modding Support

The overall gameplay is really good and CIU is indeed a lot better than the older parts. Tho sometimes it becomes a bit boring because when you’re on tier 99, you probably have everything that can be bought from the shop so there’s pretty much nothing new to do so to end the boredom. Although there is a thing that can be done to make the fun everlasting. As everyone knows that the reason why all those old games like NFSMW, Just cause etc are alive is modding, it would be really good if CIU comes with modding support in such a way that you’d be able to replace the skins of your ships ( Like you replace car skins in racing games ) and even weapons ( graphical or visual change ). You’d be also able to replace the sounds and skins of enemies. That would also benefit in attracting the vast gaming community towards CIU. Those who can make mods will upload their mods on the forums. That would totally change the experience and overall gameplay would be even better.

3 Likes

so this idea is just an easier way to add mods to game,nice

iA is already planning to release purchase-able weapon skins, and Mishelb released his mod installer so we’re good to go

2 Likes

Can we replace the ship skins like we replace cars in racing games?

1 Like

If you need mods to spice up gameplay, then maybe, just maybe, the base game needs to be a shade more interesting.

You can customize the colors… already…

3 Likes

I actually meant to change* the ships by replacing them with other skins. I mean it can be an F16 or something like that. We can made such skins…

1 Like

But there really aren’t too many models, or people willing to contribute them, sadly. Millenium Hatchling from CI4 is about as far as you can go, but the paint on that is horrendously ugly. Most mods are memey, so if you enjoy those, you’ll get a kick out of them for a while.

1 Like

What. Where was it confirmed?

2 Likes

He turned it down, if memory serves.

In Kylo Hen’s weapon reskins topic

But it could’ve been proven to be a better idea…

1 Like

He said that he would need to keep adding new content if he could pull it off. So no.

1 Like

mew bsosses when ?

1 Like

Actually mods aren’t made by devs, they’re made by players like us…

1 Like

Exactly. There aren’t players making models of spacecraft that could be used as potential skins.

Hmm, I agree. That is indeed the biggest problem

1 Like

Hmm indeed.

It wasn’t really a confirmation, more like a “it’s worth thinking about.”

I don’t believe reading anywhere that there is any solid confirmation that weapon skins will get added.

(I’d love to be proven wrong, though.)

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.