Missions and equipment

It has been a long time but I got an idea going through the forum today. I was thinking that since a player would get legendary equipement and use it constantly, what about shaking that up. What I mean is that for a mission that a person going to play, the game would display alongside the mission some equipment that would increase the amount of keys and scores one earns.

Here is an example. Let us say that there is a boss rush mission that have a bonus for keys and score using the vulcan chaingun and copper heatsink.

It is a lot to implement but it would make subtle change to how a person might play a mission instead of the usually high tier spaceship and equipment that is used in each and every mission.

Note: This is a concept and I need feedback to further improvements to this idea.Thank you.

2 Likes

Not scorning your idea dude,but I think making the heatsinks work is probably worthwhile?
Oh yeah,there’s something called equipment bonus,by the way,though I still don’t fully understand how that works,though.

2 Likes

Not scorning your idea dude,but I think making the heatsinks work is probably worthwhile?

I think it is working properly but I not sure. I believe a better heatsink causes the automatic firing to last longer as it can take more heat but the heat would not dissipate any faster than the copper heatsink. That is all I know.

Oh yeah,there’s something called equipment bonus,by the way,though I still don’t fully understand how that works,though.

Me too. But I know it works for the first spaceship you start the game with. It is 18%. That entire series have equipment bonus but it decrease as follows: 18% then 12% then finally 6%.

3 Likes

Nope.I blew 1 grand keys on that it doen’t make things better.

Then there’s clearly something wrong here. Heatsinks do increase your heat capacity. By a lot, actually.
Iirc there was even a change/bugfix made a while ago regarding how heatsinks affect overheat cooldown.
Are you sure you actually have the better heatsink equipped?

1 Like

Yes,a Cubic Boron Arsenide sink,by the way.
You can see my gameplay here-- YouTube

I use a legendary fully upgraded best heat sink and the difference is really noticable. Did you upgrade your heat sink? If not,then no,the difference probably won’t be that big.

1 Like

Ah.Thanks.

Just blew more of my hard earned keys.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.