Lost progress and data store

Hello there guys!
This is my first post on the forum. I am proud to call myself a Chicken Exterminator! Why is that? Chicken Invaders was the game of my childhood, I played every game and I was shocked to hear that there’s a new one, the moment I heard I hoped in the site and downloaded the game. One thing I did not know is that the game does not register your progress anywhere ( besides the save files on your pc ), the way I learned that was by losing the progress I made in aprox. 5 days of playing.
That said, I have a question and a suggestion.
Q: Is there any way to recover my lost progress if I reinstalled my Windows and formated the hard drive?
S: I would love to see a feature like ~Connect Google to save your profile and progress on Google Drive~, I do know creating a system that stores the data of players in the studios itself would be super expensive, that’s why we should be alowed to use a third-party storage to save our games besides our pc.
PS: Maybe I did not search it all and there is such a feature. If that’s the case I’ll delete the post!

If you remember your callsign maybe there’s chance to contact the IA because files on your drive are just used to identify your account which is stored on the server.

After release there will be option to buy a license that comes with cloud save feature.

And that’s why it will not be free. It was said that it will cost 5$

Not a bad idea for me, but what about cross-platform then? Like if I want to continue my game that I started on PC on let’s say my phone. It would be tricky to do it on someone else clouds (Steam, google etc)

Don’t. There’s no need to.

7 Likes

[/quote]
If you remember your callsign maybe there’s chance to contact the IA because files on your drive are just used to identify your account which is stored on the server.

Hi there qbus371!
Fortunately I do remember my callsign, I was called DragonClaw for some reason? I thought it was cool at the beginning, but it turned out it was not. Just my inside child acting up P:

[/quote]
After release there will be option to buy a license that comes with cloud save feature.

I am glad to hear that! As far as I know, they have some marketing issues, I would def. buy it for myself so I won’t have the same problem ever again. It’s nice hearing they are thinking ahead of time.

EDIT: Do you have any idea which would be the fastest way to contact IA ? I would like to get back my progress as soon as possible.

EDIT 2: Thank you for your time and answers!
I wish you only the best. If I do recover my account I’ll come back announcing my succes!
Have a good day/ night/ afternoon!

2 Likes

Send them message here:

They respond pretty quickly.

3 Likes

You used “they” when IA is a man. Congrats(don’t flag this im joking)

1 Like

You know,the “Studios” bit is quite misleading and for an extremely long time I was wondering why it took a big company four years to develop each game.And then I came on the forum and realized that it was a one-man army.

4 Likes

Hello once again!
They did answer and I ended up getting my account back. Thank you guys for your time and the help given!
EDIT: One of the best and fastest ~play support~ :maple_leaf:
Wish you only the best!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.