Update v.19 will introduce squadrons. Here’s an overview of how squadrons currently work:
- A squadron is a simple grouping of players.
- You can purchase squadron licenses to create (“own”) a squadron.
- You can own as many squadrons as you want.
- Squadrons have a limited number of members (starting from 2 and going up to 9, depending on how much the license has been upgraded).
- Owners can customize the squadron’s name and invite other players to join their squadron. Invitations will be handled in a manner similar to existing contact requests. You can invite anyone, not just contacts.
- You can be a member of as many squadrons as you want.
Squadrons in v.19 won’t have any in-game effect just yet. Here’s where you come in. We’d like to hear your suggestions. Here’s what we have in mind so far:
- Every time a mission is successfully completed by the owner, he can ‘assign’ it to one (and only one) of his squadrons. Members of that squadron that then fly that same mission within 72 hours will receive additional score and/or key rewards. The more members fly that mission, the greater the rewards. That mission will also count towards the squadron’s daily/weekly statistics (and hence medals).
- Squadron performance will be ranked (similar to to personal rankings). Separate rankings will (probably) need to be held for each squadron size (number of members).
- Weekly squadron-only challenges.
When suggesting an idea about squadrons, think about if/how your suggestion would support multiple squadrons. Would it equally work regardless of how many squadrons the player is a part of?