Little Disscuss About Some Badges

Hello people, welcome to the Disscuss of Badges In CIU Forum, im this topic, we going to debate about some badges that they are not of much importance, however, 95% of them are useless, and that they can have a ridiculous or silly way of winning, and others without sense, that’s why I call you here so that you can give your opinions towards the most important insignia annoying or ridiculous in your opinion.

Several surveys of the emblems are also plowed, this works like this: there will be many emblems, where you can vote any of them and then give your opinions about why it should be disabled, but some will be removed depending on this: if any remains in the last 5 less voted or who did not receive any vote or opinion about it, it will be removed from the competition, well, leave your opinions
make the badge more useless or annoying below, regards, vote in the next poll:

• Certified
  • Editor
  • First Emoji
  • First Flag
  • First like
  • First onebox
  • First Link
  • First Quote
  • First Menton
  • First Share
  • New User Of The Month
  • Read Guideliness
  • Reader
  • Wiki Editor
  • Licensed

0 voters

Community:

• Apreciated
  • Thank You
  • Enthusiast
  • Nice Share
  • Out of Love
  • Promoter
  • Welcome
  • Aficionado
  • Anniversary
  • Campaigner
  • Gives Back
  • Good Share
  • Higher Love
  • Respected
  • Admired
  • Champion
  • Crazy in love
  • Devotee
  • Emphatic
  • Great Share

0 voters

Posting:

• Nice Reply
  • Good Reply
  • Great Reply
  • Nice Topic
  • Good Topic
  • Great Topic
  • Popular Link
  • Hot Link
  • Famous Link

0 voters

3 Likes

Please not another pointless badge. I’d rather have some of them removed (mainly ones that reward for GIVING likes)

5 Likes

Omg! I thinked what i was the one person what said what this thing its a disaster!

yes please

3 Likes

I think giving likes generally isn’t too bad, but the ones that encourage “giving X likes in a single day” are just inviting trouble.

Also that “new user of the month” one bugs me.

6 Likes

Sure? I ve seen people liking Deleted posts and flagged post for now reason. And it isnt joke

A post of Emerald in the Topic of the true of earth, he Deleted their post 4 minutes after, and after a lot of time someone like it

3 Likes

What is supposed to be the topic? about a new badge? or a discuss about ridiculs badges?

3 Likes

Yes, about a new badge.

2 Likes

However, maybe i will change to a little disscuss of the ridiculous badges, ok?

• No
  • Yes

0 voters

3 Likes

5 voters are suficient, i will change the edition of the topic

Edit: Changed Topic

2 Likes

i can dont opinion? bc i dont have any opinion

2 Likes

Now i changed the sense of the Topic

3 Likes

I think what the being badges didnt need be removed bc it is for the beginnners in the forum who started recently

The tutorial badges didnt need to be deleted bc you do this with @discobot

Now, Out Love, Higher Love And Crazy in Love, to win they just need to like every old or new post to win they, so you Win free badges!

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

4 Likes

Whops

Just because you can win free badges, doesn’t mean you should.

The problem that people are talking about is not that these badges are too hard to get - it’s that they encourage behavior that isn’t actually very helpful (such as, like you described, liking “every old or new post”).

I do agree that these are good, as they encourage new users to learn how the forum works.

3 Likes

Ok so, in my opinion, only one badge should be removed: the New User of the Month, as you have only one chance to get it.

That’s not the best reason to delete it. Sometimes you only get one chance to do something in life. The more serious problem with it is that… it doesn’t tell anything about the user because some have it and some don’t even when they are years ahead in being better human beings. So it could be disabled, but the reason for it shouldn’t be that you can miss it.

Why did you change the whole post? Now mine doesn’t make any sense and is off-topic.

Little talk about badges to remove change:
Basics:

• editor - editing should be used when you really feel like it (for example when you wanted to add something to your post, but your post is on the bottom. This way it makes the discussion cleaner and shorter. This badge can encourage people to edit posts without reasons. [remove]
  • first emoji - do I really need to explain why it’s a stupid badge? [remove]
  • first flag - flagging should be reserved only to trusted users and it definitely shouldn’t be rewarded. [remove]
  • first mention - People are misusing it often, the worst case is when in the same topic they click “reply” to the same user and they still write him @qbus371, like stop, I already get a notification for your reply. The “someone mention you in X” should be about different topics related in some way to person you just mentioned. Like for example me and my love of pasta [remove]
  • new user of the month - explained already, it doesn’t tell anything about the user, it’s not even clear what it requires. [remove]
  • wiki editor - Again with editing. It should be used when necessary not when you want to earn a badge. [remove]

Community:

• Nice share - useless, it doesn’t tell anything about the user [remove]
  • out of love - one of the biggest offenders in the badge community, it encourages to spam likes which should be used only when you agree with someone. [remove]
  • promoter - what is this, partnership program? Like cool, you invited a new user to the forum, but does it really deserve a badge? [remove]
  • Thank you - Remove the “gave 10 likes” requirement and it’s good to go [change]
  • Campaigner - See “Promoter” - [remove]
  • Gives Back - Remove the “gave 100 likes” requirement. [change]
  • Good Share - See “Nice Share” [remove]
  • Higher love - Even worse than “Out of love” - it encourages spamming for 5 days. [remove]
  • Champion - See “Campaigner” [remove]
  • Crazy in Love - Single, dumbest badge on the whole discourse. [remove]
  • Empathetic - Remove the “gave 1000” likes requirement and increase the liked posts to 1500 or 2000. [change]
  • Great Share - See “Good Share” [remove]

Posting:

• Popular link, hot link, famous link - let’s be honest, do you really expect that someone will post a link that gets so many clicks? [remove]

Trust level:

• Regular - We need change of requirements and a purge of users here. I’m certain of it and you can’t change my mind. [change]
9 Likes

Funny you should mention that, aha…

Out of the basics, this is the only one that kind of irks me - you shouldn’t be rewarded for flagging, it’s a moderation tool.
The rest of the “basic” category ones are ok - if you’re checking what badges you don’t have and you haven’t done any of those very simple things even once yet, then maybe it is time to figure out those features.

Other than that, I would just be restating what I said above.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.