📱 iOS beta

Vietnamese keyboard doesn’t work in game. I don’t know another language keyboard has the same problem or not.

Which keyboard are you using exactly? Go to Settings → Keyboards . What do you see listed there?

Telex - QWERTY
Telex - AWERTY
Telex - QWERTZ
VNI
VIQR

3 Likes

I have tested both Telex-QWERTY and VNI, but none of them works. Most Vietnamese use Telex, so it should be cared first.

How can I use this keyboard to enter Vietnamese characters (accents)? Even in Vietnamese mode, I only see Latin characters (except that đ with the underline, which can be entered normally)

Update: Okay, when I hold down e.g. the ‘a’ key, then a list of accented characters pops up. If I choose a particular one, then it is entered correctly.

Does anyone else use Vietnamese keyboard? Does it work for you?

2 Likes

i’m using the telex qwerty keyboard and only the hold and choose method work.
the standard way of using the telex qwerty keyboard is to type a letter, then another letter to create the letter you wanted to type(e.g. a + w = ă, d + d = đ, a full table regarding how to type certain diacritical marks that the vietnamese language uses can be found here), which doesn’t work for any combinations of words.

1 Like

Noone uses ‘hold’ function, sorry. A simple example, when you type ‘aa’, it will be ‘â’. More : ‘as’ = ‘á’ ; ‘af’ = ‘à’ ; ‘dd’ = ‘đ’ ; etc…… You can try it but in game it does not work.

That is an alternative way to enter accented Vietnamese characters, but it’s rather slow. I was about to make a gif for this but you did spot this out yourself.
Some people have given examples of the regular method, which isn’t working in CIU, above my reply, you should check that out.

Alright, fixed in v.133.3

6 Likes

So… you added a text box, but there’s another problem.
The text box is white and so are the characters, therefore it’s hard to keep track of what I’m typing.

Can you update PC and Android version to match IOS version because i can’t multiplayer on my iphone

:information_source:

v133.3 of the iOS beta is now available on TestFlight. Changes:

• :bulb: v.133.3 (iOS only): Text entry now uses native UITextField (like in Android). Allows proper text entry in Vietnamese and other complex IMEs.
5 Likes

Ah, it’s a “dark mode” problem. Will fix.

5 Likes

:information_source:

v133.3.1 of the iOS beta was submitted to Apple 24 hours ago, however it is still “awating review” :roll_eyes:

Changes:

• :bulb: v.133.3.1 (iOS only): Fixed issue with text entry being invisible (white on white) when “dark mode” was turned on.
8 Likes

You may wanna fix this typo.

1 Like

I purchase the license but not thing happen, I receive a notification ingame that the license is apply for my account, but I still see the ads (a big banner on top of screen), can’t fly ironman, ect. After few minutes struggling, I realize that my wallet is still the same (that means my purchase is not successful). Please check log or anything please. I just want to make sure my purchase is not double (I think I will buy it on steam).

Purchases are not supposed to work in the beta:

1 Like

So I can purchase normally on steam
version?

Yep! You can’t expect everything to work in a beta version. It’s best you stay in steam/stand-alone version for the best experience (iOS beta is in a different version compared to the others, so you can’t play multiplayer even with full/restricted cone NAT).

Edit: I had just posted this message when it suddenly got instantly edited. Weird.

Still waiting for Apple to approve the new beta. :roll_eyes:

This certainly doesn’t bode well for the full release. I’ll probably need to submit it by Monday to make a deadline, so report your bugs now!

6 Likes

v133.3.1 of the iOS beta is now available on TestFlight. Changes:

• :bulb: v.133.3 (iOS only): Text entry now uses native UITextField (like in Android). Allows proper text entry in Vietnamese and other complex IMEs.

• :bulb: v.133.3.1 (iOS only): Fixed issue with text entry being invisible (white on white) when “dark mode” was turned on.

9 Likes