šŸŒŽ How to translate the game

Wait, so you are an arabic person?

i mostly use arabic languages

It was probably already asked but is it possible to add a section with latest lines added in update? Itā€™s quite hard to find the strings people translated quickly to check them.

4 Likes

I think it can be easily fixed

Added in v.94.

Note that this is actually a hack ā€“ the information about when phrases were added to the game doesnā€™t exist anywhere. Instead, sorting is based on the earliest known translation (most recent one at the top), which in most cases has (approximately) the same effect.

6 Likes

Added to v.94:

• Approve existing translation: If the translation field was already filled in with somebody elseā€™s translation, use this button to approve/upvote it. Approving reinforces the validity of the translation and helps it rise above other low-quality translations in the rankings.
13 Likes

StackOverflow much?

3 Likes

Non-breaking space is now shown as an empty quite square ā–”

Fixed in v.95

2 Likes

Fixed in v.95

Fixed in v.95

I canā€™t fix these sadly, like constellation and star-system names, they are kind of hard-wired.

I canā€™t change this either :frowning:

4 Likes

how to open this screen?

Press CTRL + T while in-game, then select your language from the list

how to cancel it? after do it

If you want to go back to English, you have to completely close the game and reopen it.

ok yes

Thereā€™s a way:

7 Likes

I managed to work around this after some thought. For other languages that need the order reversed, hereā€™s what I did: I translated ā€œdealershipā€ as ā€œā€“ Local dealershipā€.
Starname dealership ā†’ Starname ā€“ Concession locale
Starname campus ā†’ Starname ā€“ Campus local

Mmmh, if itā€™s a global formatting thing, may I suggest that you put a comma between month and day (October, 26)? That wouldnā€™t disrupt the original English or any language with the same structure, and it would be much better in French and probably in other languages (octobre, 26).

Thanks!

thanks but i hope make translate better because in arabic we write from right to left but in game thers some glitchs ex writing from left to right

Starting with v.95, you can now work via Excel. Iā€™ve added the section WORKING VIA EXCEL to the instructions at the top.

10 Likes

Thank you, this makes it way easier.

Quiero poner el juego en espaƱol o ver si hay una traducciĆ³n, lo tengo de steam y cuando le doy a ctrl+T no me aparece el cuadro, alguien me puede ayudar

1 Like