🌎 How to translate the game

Like all star systems and planet names, it’s not translatable. I might be able to make it translatable, though. On the list.

5 Likes

Maybe this could work: as you said star/planet/mission names aren’t translatable, but maybe they don’t need to be; a word randomizer for every one of the languages could be installed into the server that will give the mission a different name but on the chosen language (So for example a mission called Black-and-white Orange won’t be translated to Arancia Bianca-e-nera in Italian, but maybe it will be “Bicchiere Mezzo-vuoto” (Half-empty Glass)

Note: I’m unsure if this is going to work with all of the languages.

2 Likes

This is hell.

3 Likes

@InterAction_studios so we’ve recently noticed a guy with basically the same name as the banned guy who ruined our vietnamese translation with real names.
Screenshot_20210626-111355_Discord-Beta~2
this along with some translations with real names coming back make us think that the culprit created an alt.
we just want you to confirm if this is that guy, and take actions accordingly.

1 Like

It’s not. Even if, by some miracle, words could just be pasted together and make grammatical sense, who would come up with the word list? You need 1500 adjectives and 1100 nouns, and that is by no means trivial. Not to mention that you also need 1300 Star names, which need to come from the same ‘family’ of names (i.e, they need to be related and not just random words).

It is. Banned.

8 Likes

The callsign of someone is “u gae” in the game. Please do something.

2 Likes

Borderline, but ok. Callsign reset.

7 Likes

Those who are passionate enough. I’m sure that in the languages which have already reached ~100% there are people who would do that. But grammatical cases is pain in many languages, as I understood from the Wikipedia page.

1 Like

Fixed in v.85

4 Likes

Can I translate CI3?

How to place translation into game CI5?

You can only translate CIU

1 Like

You could previously do it in http://www.interactionstudios.com/translation.php, but that no longer works.

ehm, iA. he returned for the 4th time

when this going to the end?

never i think because they are just gonna keep making accounts over and over and make their translation with their names

If only IA allow trusted players for translating and not anyone.

9 Likes

pls don’t use google translate to translate from Arabic

1 Like

Whats wrong with using google translate?
:thinking:

It has an amazing power of translating something absolutely wrong from some languages, maybe Arabic falls under this category.

1 Like