How did you come to know about the Chicken Invaders Franchise?

In ~2006 my mom was playing flash version of CI2 and I’ve tried it too (but I was too afraid of big chicken so I couldn’t pass bosses).

At 2011 we’ve found pirated first version of CI4 which is still somehow alive on my old hard drive with the first save. Seeing all new graphics, mechanics and Egg Cannon after CI2 mother-hen ship was super epic, especially that fake chickenaut boss because it indeed looked similar to bosses from CI2 and none of us expected to see something that huge. Compared to this, transition from CI4 to CI5 didn’t make such impression. However, after completing CI4 I’ve tried CI3 and now Yolk-Star is still the most terrifying boss in the series for me.

6 y.o. full play through of CI5 is the 6th video on my channel and is the 1st video which lasts longer than an hour.

I found information about CIU at CI Wiki somewhere at July I think, before the forum was launched. And when it was launched, I was trying to register through the bug at 1 am with 20 kbps internet ,_ ,

4 Likes

Wait CI2 was flash based? I never knew that. Also are there really pirated versions of the game? I never really thought about someone cracking a CI game and giving it away

Same here, I used to see my friend play CI3 and CI4. When I first saw the game I was like “What the heck? Chickens in space?” But the more I played it, the less weird it became and it became more and more fun.

Also the grinding aspect in single player seems so hard now compared to CIU

2 Likes

How did you find pirated copies? Well I’m not the one to talk, I got it free from my friend :stuck_out_tongue:

I still remember playing CI1 and demo version of CI4 when i was kid

1 Like

Most of the people first played from CI1 onwards but personally I played from CI3 and CI4 first and then went to CI1 and CI2.

There is no point in cracking something that has no protection from cracking. Even so, the game is still hard to find on websites thanks to people not distributing installers.

There are few flash games of CI which still can be launched by standalone flash player and direct link to .swf.

I learned about CI3 when I was like 11 or so (about 10 years ago)… It was a free limited version that came pre-installed on some gaming app on my friend’s laptop. Obviously couldnt enjoy the free version for too long, and I’ve forgotten about it. Year later, I found CI4 randomly browsing mobile games (it, however, was incomplete, so I went on and downloaded+completed CI4 on PC). After that, I havent remembered about InterAction franchise for quite some time

Que 2019, my grown up ass wants to try something new, being tired of older games. A thought pops up in my mind: “What about this freaky chicken game you played as a kid?”. I’ve first completed CI5 (in, like, 1 day) and only after this have discovered the Early Access of CIU. Guess I’m an active player now.

Well, I don’t really play daily, but I’m sure as hell interested in Chicken Invaders’ future.

Still kinda bugs me that I havent played CI2 or CI1. Not that important, I guess

2 Likes

Man this topic blew up real fast!

Thank you all for sharing your experiences!

I played Chicken invaders 2 when I was 4 years and when my Mother allowed me to play CI games. I never stopped playing CI2. I have enjoyed this game as I played it on my mobile too. I also like CI3. I and my brother always play this game as a multiplayer in home. We enjoyed the whole game. As we have defeated The Yolk star but he had difficulties in defeating this boss. But we enjoyed this game very much.

1 Like

I don’t know where my parents found it (Probably some weird site… early 2000’s were the golden age of piracy)

1 Like

First came across CI4 Thanksgiving on Wildtangent. I enjoyed it to bits, but could only go until the second chapter before the tries ended. Found CI3 on Tangent, but it ended quickly enough. CI2 was too much of a downgrade. Forgot about it for a while, then found a CI4 crack in 2014 or 15. Finished the game, and then found CI5 when I was searching do redownload CI4. Downloaded the demo, got hold of the crack not long after, finished it, and found CI6 speculation on the wiki. Made a forum account, and I have been here since. Was able to get the games on Steam earlier this year.

1 Like

I played CI4 first time when i was 7-8 (not sure)
I actually played in my cousin’s computer (win 98) and he literally let me start from wave 60 (Planentary Egg City) (yep i lost)

Few years later I had a laptop and played CI1, CI2, and CI4 (dont know why i skipped CI3) but then i got bored because that time i played PvZ so much with other old games.

From that time until 2019, I accidentally remembered CI when I talked about rewinding old games with my friends at school. Then I searched for that and found CIU existed.

Even though this is not one of the game started from my computer, but it’s one of the first game I played and memorable.
Until now I havent played CI3 yet (I beated CI5 before I found CIU).

1 Like

Once I was with my mom at work in childhood (I don’t remember the age, but up to 10 years old for sure. p.s. I was born in 2002) and in her computer was installed Chicken Invaders 2 and i played with it (NOT REMASTERED with bad OST)
I skipped CI3 and in 2014-2015 i played in CI4… then CI5… then CI3 and finally CIU

2 Likes

My uncle showed me the first game in the franchise back when I was 2 years old (yeah i was able to walk when i was just 9 months don’t ask how i was a cursed kid) and that was also first time playing a video game. I found the first game pretty fun. That was before CI3 was released.

1 Like

I found CI3 and CI2 in the “Games” folder of my dad’s PC (he doesn’t play games but the old owner of the PC did) so, my choice was CI3 because um, “the sequel is always better right?” - 3 year old me

and yes that was the pirated version, the main reason iA earns 0$/year from Vietnam :pensive:

2 Likes

My father got me 150 Game House pack and that’s where I met the 1st CI game, there was about 6-7 games I liked and played a lot and CI was one of them. Fun Fact: when is said “press fire to start” we had no idea what button it meant, we had to get someone to help me start the game, lol.

After a while I saw my cousins play CI2 Xmas and I was like “Whoa, there is a second game”, the farest part we reached was the asteroids stage, it was hard, we had no idea what we’re doing.

Another while I bought some game in a flash and CI3 Roty was one of them, I remember it had a problem where if I entered the game again I had to restart like it’s my 1st time, it sucked, so I had to download it from Big Fish games and couldn’t complete it due to free trial. Later I managed to, I got defeated at UCO 2 once and lots at that Mysterious Ship, it was so hard due to me not know its + pattern, and of course like the others Yolk Star™ was the hardest and scariest, I was so scared of it that I thought and wished that all 10 waves were asteroids like in CI2 which means UCO 4 was boss 11 and Sweater Chicken was final, lol.

At 2014 I found about CI4(by myself this time), it was supposed to be 1 hour free trial but there was smth wrong with that website and it restarted the hour everytime I entered the game, so it was technically free, because of that it was the first game to unlock all unlockables at it.

At 2018(iirc) I found CI5… I have nothing special to say about it because at this point I became better at playing and there wasn’t any huge changes like CI4 but that doesn’t mean I hate it(don’t get me wrong), all I can say is that it is cooler and better than CI4 of course with new enemies, waves, bosses, planetary missions, etc… I just don’t have spcial memories because of the 2 reasons I mentioned above.

Finally about a year and 8 months ago(that what it says at my stats) I was searching for CI6 like most of you because I knew that enough time has passed and there has to be a new game out, and my beloved CIU appeared in the options, I watched some videos of it and thought it’s fanmade because it was a combination of previous CI games, I download it as soon as I saw a boss rush, and I got so happy that is was official and later got happier that I could contact iA and help him improve the game and fix bugs at it.

Why did I write all of this?! AAAAAAA!!

Anyway I’m glad that I got to share all of CI memories that I can remember here that with you guys. I hope you enjoy it because it took me a good amount of time to do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I found CI4 randomly on WildTangent. And then I played CI3 on MyPlayCity (but never got past the comet boss), CI2 on it and then finally buying CI5 on WildTangent and then on BigFish. Now I bought CI3 on Steam because I wanted to multiplayer but network sucked hard so it’s just in my Library, sitting there like that one toy in a toybox you never play.

1 Like

The home computer that my parents had back in 2006 had CI2 and CI3 (along with other games). After discovering chicken invaders 2, I fell in love with the franchise. A few months later, my child self, found CI3 on the computer and I could not stop playing it (despite all the game overs I got lol)

1 Like

21 years sure went fast, playing on my dads computer are memories I’ll never forget. (^O^)/

2 Likes