Free or not

Does this game free until official version?

1 Like

Yes. With IAP.

And welcome to the forum

4 Likes

Actually, it will be free forever! But there will be in-game purchases. :wink:

3 Likes

Early access : yes
After early access : yes agian

4 Likes

Yeah, the only thing that isn’t is Chicken Hunter Lisence.

3 Likes

ahem. PURCHASABLE KEYS

2 Likes

Oh yeah, sorry I forget due to them not existing still :sweat_smile:

yes, of course!, only Key Purchases (coming soon btw) and Chicken Hunter License is paid

If that’s the case I’ll skip this game in its Steam release, would rather pay $15-20 for the game then have to buy silly things in game to play it without any bs.

I’m not sure if this will be worth anything to you, but the “premium” licence (referred to as a Chicken Hunter Licence) will be a one-time payment somewhere around the $5 mark, rather than a running subscription or anything. So in effect you could essentially “buy” it once.

But to each their own - money and video games tends to be a touchy and somewhat subjective subject when the two are paired. :wink:

1 Like

What do you think about paying for games? It’s an interesting topic for debate, I guess.

That’s only when you aren’t an adult and don’t have your own income.
When one has their own income, there is no “touchy subject” when it comes to buying games.
It’s just most parents think that games are an expense and a waste of money.
I know better and if I were to have a child I’d buy them games from time to time. Of course, no overdoing it, one step at a time. Wouldn’t want to be spoiled too much.

1 Like

To be sure, the price tags on some games could feed a family of 12 for months. looks at EA trying to push he $80 tag

I get your point though I was refering to the general range of games, where prices are okay if not just a bit high, I always get my games from Steam Sales or from Eneba.
By the way take a look at Sims 4 and all DLCs, costs over 500$. Not kidding, check it out.

1 Like

Yeah, Steam is positively a gift from God for that.

I am at he same time surprised an dnit surprised. It’s EA, though, so the behavior isn’t too unnatural coming from that company. The sadder thing is that there are people to buy that.

1 Like

Well, I’ve definitely heard adults talk about how a game having in-app purchases is an instant turn off, or how any indie game regardless of quality shouldn’t cost more than $20, or stuff like that. There are some who have pretty strong opinions about this stuff.

Personally? Same as paying for any form of entertainment. I want to get what I feel is my money’s worth, and know that when I spend I can be sure about what I’m getting in return.

Meaning:

• No issues buying a game if I feel the price tag is worth the experience. Again, $20 for even a two-hour game is fine if the game is good - people will pay more than that for a good movie, which generally has much less “replay value” lol. Likewise, a $1 app game that’s any good at all is still a steal and unless I’ve gotten basically no enjoyment out of it that’s fair.
  • I also have no problem with one-time in-game purchases, so long as it’s clear what I’m getting. DLC falls under this category.
  • I tend to steer away from subscription deals generally, games or no. But I’m not completely averse to them so much as aware of how much more money that’s actually costing in the long run, as well as committing me to a semi-regular usage that I’m not really happy with.
  • Buying currency in game is entirely dependent on what that currency is spent for. I’ll buy it on rare occasion if I know what I’m getting, but I avoid any “risk/reward” setups like the plague because that’s essentially disguised gambling and some people end up losing unhealthy amounts of money to stuff like that - I don’t think companies should do it.
  • I also spend less money on games that are server dependent because they inherently have limited lifespans, while a single-player experience I can return to 20 years later, if I want (and still have the tech to run it).
  • All that said, I’m also in no rush to spend tons of money on video games only because I have more important places to put my money. I’ll buy it if I feel it’s worthwhile to me, and in some cases that might be a good number of years after release.

I feel like this is kind of related to the topic at hand so I’m happy to go off on the tangent.

2 Likes

I was refering to paying for games not paying in games, I would extremely rarely make in-app purchases, depeding on what it is. Generally speaking, in-app purchases are [Deleted Content].

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.